Ch 85

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Michael stared the glass in his hand with a frown, looking at the water in the glass without getting bored. He could hear the noises Lucy was making all around him because Lucy was cleaning the kitchen until it was really loud. Michael glanced at the girl who was wiping other glasses left in the kitchen cabinet above, then glanced down at his again.

With each passing day, it became clear that Ennard was deliberately avoiding himself. Every time he tried to talk to the animatronic, Ennard immediately said he had other things to take care of. This was annoying, he didn't know why Ennard ignored him, what had he done anyway? He had no recollection of angering him or making any fatal mistakes.

Now Ennard spent more time with Lucy than himself.

That's irritating.

"Lucy."

Lucy immediately turned her head, it was unusual that the eldest Afton didn't call her by a strange nickname. "Yes, Mike?" Lucy asked curiously, placed the glass in hand on the table and pulled up a chair to sit across from Michael. "You look gloomy lately," she said then expressed her thoughts.

Michael pursed his lips in annoyance, then slumped his face on the table. "What's wrong with me?"

"What?" Lucy raised an eyebrow in confusion. "A lot of things are wrong with you."

"For example?"

"Your life."

"Another example."

"Your obsession to Ennard."

Michael lifted his head. "My obsession to Ennard?" he asked, being not understanding. "I'm not obsessed. What do you mean by that?"

The black-eyed girl stared at Michael in disbelief. "You're not even aware of that?" Lucy said, Michael shook his head slowly. "You always look at him all the time, you always ask me what he is doing even though we live together, you follow him everywhere, you draw him on every piece of paper you can find!"

"That's not—" Michael pulled back and gulped, remembering what he had done based on what Lucy had said. "I only—"

"What? You're only what?" Lucy snorted and let out a tired breath. "To be honest, what's going on between you and Ennard? Is that why you look sad all the time? You had a fight with him?"

Michael shook his head, just as he was about to reply, Ennard came in while speaking. "No, we didn't fight. Why do you think like that?"

"Because it looks like it."

"Moron."

The corner of Lucy's eyes twitched in annoyance hearing that, she looked at Ennard who was walking to one of the cabinets, then she noticed Michael who was also looking at Ennard but Ennard didn't turn his face at all to the Afton. He just pulled out a desk drawer, took a screwdriver from it, and left again without saying a word. Still not looking at Michael, not even glancing.

It was obvious that there was something between the two of them.

"Oh, Dawson, could you come help me out in the backyard now?"

Ennard spoke again after leaving, his deep robotic voice echoing. Lucy flinched slightly in surprise, but responded quickly. She rose to her feet and pursed her lips together, looking at Michael doubtfully. Michael was still staring at Ennard's departure with an inexplicable look.

Then Michael's purple eye shifted slowly up to her, the menacing twinkle in his stare sharpening. Lucy felt the hairs on her neck stand up and she left in horror.