Ch 23

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

The hands of the clock continued to spin, silence reigning in the room. Michael squeezed his fingers across the table, his forehead furrowed and his brows knit together. He felt restless.

The sound of the clock on the wall seemed to keep reminding him that he was running out of time.

He had to decide as quickly as possible.

Michael bit his lower lip hard, his skin felt torn but Michael didn't care. At this moment he is confused and anxious. What had happened in the park with Mark worried him, he was sure Mark would do anything to get a clear answer. He had to get out of here for a while, probably for a year.

However, he often delays the plan because he doesn't know where to go.

Even so, Michael had his stuff ready to move in the duffel bag—not too much stuff, just a few sets of clothes and the remaining backpack space for the endoskeleton he didn't have time to continue. He wouldn't stock up on food anyway.

"For God's sake," Michael said quietly, rubbing his face desperately. This all gave him a headache.

"You don't have much time, Afton."

"You think I don't know?" Michael rebuked. "Silence if you just want to add to my headache," he said then tiredly.

Ennard was completely silent as he was told.

Michael rested his chin on his palm with his elbow on the table, looking out the window not far from where he was. His thoughts drifted to nowhere, and Michael slowly carried away into a daydream.

For a moment the things that had happened a while ago flashed through his head, when he was running away from the scientists until the events of last afternoon. Not very fond memories, but perhaps thrilling enough to remember and Michael felt that his life would no longer be monotonous for a long time. Well he still wants a peaceful life.

Shortly after, as he took a deep dive into the events, Michael realized something; Ennard always warned him.

Although it was more like Ennard continued to be annoying and said curtsy things. But Ennard had warned him about Alice, and his fussiness about getting out of Mark's apartment because Ennard knew that Mark would soon ask (or even force) what had really happened to him. Michael also believes Ennard took over his body at that time to free him from Mark's embrace.

Maybe Ennard wasn't so bad, apart from being arrogant all the time apparently Ennard could help him with little things like that considering he can be naive at times.

"Ennard," he called quietly, seemingly doubting that Ennard had chosen to deactivate himself. "Ennard?" Michael tried calling again because there was no answer at all from Ennard. "Enn!"

"Don't cut off my name."

Michael sweatdropped, this animatronic quickly responds when it comes to a nickname. "Enn."

"I said don't cut off my name, are you deaf? After all, weren't you the one who told me to shut up? Don't be so fucking inconsistent."

Back again with Ennard's rudeness.

The eldest Afton pursed his lips for a moment. "Hey ... you know," he said afterward, his voice low.

"No, I don't know."