Ch 55

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Benedict, do you know where the illusion disc you created is?"

Michael glanced away from the television screen at Ennard who was stepping closer to him. Then Michael turned his position from the left side of the sofa to the right side and lay back down looking at the screen. "When was the last time you put it?" Michael asked back.

Ennard slightly tilted his head and seemed to be trying to remember. "I took it off last night and put it on the bedside table."

"Why did you take it off?"

"Is that important?"

"Of course!" Michael said firmly, he changed position again to sit on his knees facing Ennard on the left side of the sofa. "What if it's lost?" He pouted, Ennard seemed to be holding back his guilty look.

"I'll look for it then."

Michael nodded at Ennard's words, then waited for Ennard to really leave he tapped his fingers on the sofa cushions. Michael glanced at where Ennard was standing—good, Ennard was out of sight. The eldest Afton suppressed a smile, then jumped off the sofa and headed towards the kitchen to make coffee.

For several times he could sense Ennard's presence crossing the room looking for the illusion disc, Michael briefly glanced at Ennard's movements as his hands went into his trouser pocket;

The illusion disc was in his hand.

"Enn, once you find it, want to go to the supermarket? I'm bored to drink coffee all the time," Michael asked as he brought a cup of coffee to the living room, Ennard stopped pacing to look for the illusion disc for a moment.

Ennard looked away for a moment. "Up to you."

"Yay."

The brown-haired man put his coffee on the table and jumped onto the sofa after grabbing the remote and switching from one channel to another. He casually watched the television program, but gradually became annoyed that Ennard walked back and forth in front of him until the television screen was slightly blocked by him.

"Enn move away!" Michael whined, telling Ennard not to pass between the television and him anymore.

However, this time Ennard stopped.

Michael's eyebrows slowly rose upwards—Ennard was watching him closely, to be honest it made him nervous. "What?"

"You, get out of there."

Michael tilted his head. "No. I like sofa."

"Fine, you stay there then."

Ennard stepped up to him and started looking on the other side of the sofa he wasn't sitting on. Michael just watched Ennard who turned the sofa cushion in the hope of finding the illusion disc, then because he couldn't find it Ennard started looking around where he sat. Michael tried to focus on the television screen, but again Ennard's massive body was blocking his view—but closer this time. Very close.

The animatronic leaned forward slightly and supported himself with his arm resting on the head of the sofa, right beside Michael's position as Michael felt more and more pressured back as Ennard advanced forward to search through the gap between the sofa and the wall.

It seemed that their position made Michael feel very nervous and tried to calm down.

"Do you know? The news says there's a possibility of—uh," Michael paused for a moment and looked in every direction other than Ennard's iron chest close to his face—damn when will Ennard finish looking behind the sofa and wall gaps?

"Of?"

"Of—an earthquake." Michael cleared his throat for a moment after he managed to finish his sentence. "Remembering there have been quite a lot of storms lately ... so there could be an earthquake."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes." Michael nodded, before deciding to crawl out from under Ennard to the other side of the sofa.

However, Ennard's wire held his ankle.

Michael flinched in surprise, turning back slowly only to find Ennard still staring into the gap between the sofa and the wall with a serious expression on his face. Another Ennard's wire held up an illusion disc. He didn't know since when Ennard pulled it out from his trouser pocket.

"You hid it, eh?"

"Well shit—"