Ch 34

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Michael slowly opened the door to the room next to his, the creaking door made him flinch a little, but he didn't really care. He peeked inside, the dark atmosphere of the room requiring him to squint for a better view. The deactivated Ennard was standing at the far end of the room, in his trademark pose while charging, the LEDs in his eyes not lit.

Today is the second day.

He made it through the first day without a hitch, although the result was that he was extremely bored. This time Michael was a little curious about Ennard's condition, but after seeing Ennard—a peek to be more precise—he was satisfied. Michael closed the door and stepped back into the living room.

His determination remains, he will continue his small project. Endoskeleton to support the human body.

Without Ennard's help.

He sure can.

Maybe.

"Nope. I can't."

Michael almost banged his forehead on the table as soon as he saw the blueprints, everything looked complicated and he was confused. Michael exhaled tiredly, he looked back at the sketch on the paper, there were little notes on how to assemble it. He wrote the note according to Ennard's explanation.

Once again Michael sighed.

He couldn't be lazy, but the old comics he'd found in the attic and then he'd brought it down looked even more tempting.

Michael glanced at the room where Ennard deactivated briefly, slightly wary if Ennard suddenly woke up and if that happened then Ennard would surely scold him for not continuing the endoskeleton.

After all why did Ennard want him so badly to complete his endoskeleton? Michael snorted.

Fuck that endoskeleton, Michael grabbed one of the comics and started reading.

He can continue tomorrow.