Ch 27

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Ennard stared at the reflection of his face on the shiny surface of the dining table—actually the reflection of Michael's because he was controlling Afton's body right now. Ennard didn't bother to ask for permission first, he waited for Michael to fall asleep then took over his body. Although he had to wait until four in the morning for Michael to sleep.

He nodded in satisfaction after a minute or two of staring at the glossy wooden tabletop; Ennard had just polished it, had also polished some of the wooden furniture since earlier. An hour earlier he had mopped the entire floor of the house. The house that had looked abandoned—well it still looked abandoned, actually, but only on the outside, the inside of the house had been completely different since their first day here.

The two of them decided not to over-refine the outside of this place so people would think it was still uninhabited.

Michael really cleaned it, Ennard didn't expect it—he thought Michael was just expressing his desire to clean the house, then not doing it. Even Michael's own endoskeleton project was neglected by Michael himself. Ennard snorted softly, it seemed like Michael still had manners in other people's house and wasn't acting on his own.

Even so, Ennard would never admit that he was impressed by the eldest Afton.

What for?

Totally useless to him.

Ennard stepped slowly into the bedroom, closed the door carefully and plopped down on the bed. He couldn't feel it; the soft mattress. Suddenly he felt jealous of Michael.

If only he could turn back into a human.

He looked at the ceiling boredly, there was nothing else fun to do. The only thing he could do at this point was wait for Michael to wake up then disturb the short man, either piss him off or be irritated by him. It has become their daily schedule.

Ennard moved his hand to pull Michael's shirt up to his chest, before a moment he closed his eyes and allowed Michael to regain control of his body. While he slowly and carefully, came out through the hole in Michael's stomach. Luckily, he can adjust the size of the body to be small and can adjust to Michael's body.

Ennard's gaze was fixed on Afton who was sleeping after he came out. Michael was snoring softly, drifting off into his dream, and Ennard had no idea how Michael was still asleep when an animatronic crawled out of the hole in his stomach, literally. After that Ennard's attention was drawn to Michael's wrist.

The lines look new.

"So pathetic," Ennard muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes lazily.

Ennard was about to lower Michael's shirt back down, but his robotic eyes caught a bloody scratch on the edge of the hole in Michael's stomach. Ennard furrowed his brows, it looked like he had accidentally injured Michael while crawling out. Very troublesome.

Ennard stifled an annoyed growl. "You're so infuriating."

---

Michael woke up with pain in his stomach that afternoon.

He groaned in pain, then removed the blanket from over him and he took off his shirt quickly, without thinking he threw the shirt on the floor and looked down to see what was happening; his stomach was bandaged, there was a red spot around the bandage.

Michael couldn't remember hurting his stomach, then he looked around the room—Ennard wasn't there, and he couldn't feel Ennard inside. Then Michael glanced at his hands after feeling something strange.

His wrist was also bandaged.

It's weird.

"I accidentally scratched your stomach."

Michael screamed, he fell off the bed as soon as Ennard suddenly emerged from the ventilation duct in the ceiling. Michael looked shocked and panted at Ennard who was hanging upside down, this time he was very surprised by the presence of the animatronic.

Ennard snorted at the reaction. "Try to take care of your body, Benedict," Ennard said, after that he frowned. "I said it because I don't want my vessel to break."

Not waiting for Michael's reply, Ennard went back into the airways.

Michael was still panting, watching Ennard leave for a moment, then his eyes rolled to his bandaged wrists, and down to his stomach.

Does that mean Ennard is taking care of his wound?