EXTRA 5

-2001-

"Have you heard the news?"

"What?" Ennard looked curiously at Michael who stepped closer to him while wiping his wet hands with a tissue. "What did you just do?"

Michael raised both eyebrows as he sat down beside Ennard. "Nothing, why?"

The man seemed skeptical for a moment. "What news?"

"They're closing Freddy Fazbear," Michael replied, he picked up a cup of coffee on the front desk and took a quick sip. "Uncle Henry just told me that the amount of lawsuits from people regarding the deaths of all the nightguard has forced Freddy Fazbear out of business."

Hearing what Michael said, Ennard only nodded in understanding. He was more surprised that it had just now closed after years of similar incidents. "At least you were already dead."

"Hey." Michael smacked Ennard on the shoulder in annoyance while Ennard laughed. "And you're dating the person you murdered."

"I don't really regret it."

"Damn, that's cold." This time it was Michael who laughed. "Mm maybe I don't regret it at all that you killed me. We wouldn't have met if that hadn't happened."

"I might as well still be trapped in there." Ennard's voice grew lower at the end. "Being in underground and exiled, they only come to me if they need anything. Circus Baby, Ballora, Funtime Freddy, Funtime Foxy. Even Yenndo and Bonnet couldn't do it all without my help at all. If things don't go their way, I'm to blame. They were really troublesome."

Michael glanced at Ennard and found Ennard just staring ahead, looking irritated. "I didn't expect something like that could happen in animatronic circles too," Michael responded. "I know how it feels."

He didn't reply to Michael's words, but glared at Michael who was now resting his head on his shoulder. He knew that, he could see his own reflection in Michael.

"By the way," he said—intending to divert the subject. "Since the restaurant is closed, Emily doesn't have to go back and forth to check on them anymore, does he? There's nothing strange about them, there's nothing in them, only aggressive and uncontrolled behavior for reasons that have not yet been discovered why they act the way they do."

"They're not A.I either like the Funtimes, and you," Michael added to Ennard's words. "Weird, indeed. Maybe this is all related to my father, maybe he planted something strange in them."

"Afton has been missing since 1984 and no one has seen him again, they made another prototype of the Original based on Afton's old design, but with a different system. Even though it was originally Emily's designs, not your father's entirely."

"Did you just defend my father?"

Ennard pulled his eyebrows up, did he? "No, I didn't mean it like that, just pointing out the facts."

"You sound amazed at him."

"I don't."

That's another lie, but let's keep the little secret.

He chuckled. "I'll understand if you admire him, Uncle Henry said he made you in the first place."

"I didn't have any consciousness until my system activated and he already dumped me when it happened."

The eldest Afton's forehead wrinkled. "You can be really stiff sometimes."

The gaze of the man next to him shifted to him briefly, giving him goosebumps at the calm look given by Ennard. "I need to remind you that I am still an A.I that you decided to love and I developed my knowledge and attitudes independently, and now I have you always around me to help my subconscious to be more human."

"Okay sometimes you are quite scary."

"You're scarier, suddenly waking up at four in the morning and watching me sleep. Your obsession concerns me, Michael."

"First of all, sometimes I can't sleep so I always wake up at random times!" Michael stood up for himself. "Secondly, I automatically looked up at you because I thought you were leaving me. Besides, I didn't do it in a long time and went straight to the kitchen," he continued grumbling. "I'm just making sure you stay with me ...."

Ennard watched how Michael averted his eyes and puffed out his cheeks in irritation, then chuckled and pulled Michael into his arms. "I will always be with you, Michael."

A polished smile crossed Michael's face. "I know."

"Also why do you smell like blood?"

"Oh I accidentally hurt my hand earlier, I just cleaned it."

"Really? Where, I'll treat it again."

Michael stared at Ennard who took his hands to check carefully, then his smile widened. Ennard was his alone.