Ch 51

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Ennard stared intently at the teapot on the stove burning, then he turned his head back only to find a scene where Michael was lounging on the living room couch reading a comic. Ennard looked back at the teapot and waited for the water to boil.

"Enn, you know how to make coffee, don't you?"

He had given up on Michael calling him that way. "Who do you think always cleans your house, huh?" Ennard replied curtly. "If I knew how to clean the house, I'd know how to make coffee."

He could hear Michael's laughter. "Sure," Michael replied casually.

"For sure I wouldn't trade sugar for salt."

Ennard gave a small snort as his wire caught a book that the eldest Afton threw right after he spoke. "Why are you angry? I was right," Ennard said shortly after.

"Shut up, that's an old matter." Michael groaned in annoyance and buried his face in the sofa cushions. "You're still irritating."

"Thank you."

Michael looked at Ennard with a frown, he pursed his lips and frowned. Ennard was still annoyed, but ever since the illusion disc was finished, the animatronic felt a little—kind. Michael let out a 'huh', his eyes focused on Ennard who had his back to him. Ennard's shoulders were broad and his back was straight, and the muscles of his arms were clearly visible.

Ennard has a perfect body shape as a man, it feels like Michael is jealous because of that but at the same time he's not.

He wondered if Ennard also had abs in his stomach.

A shriek brought Michael out of his daydream about Ennard, he looked at Ennard who seemed to be in pain. Michael raised his eyebrows and unceremoniously got up from the sofa to head towards Ennard.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked worriedly, then he followed Ennard's descending gaze—Ennard's fingers turned red. "What happened?" Michael asked again, more panicked now.

"Nothing," Ennard answered quietly. He tilted his head to the side after that, looking at the boiling teapot. "Was that pain? When I touched that thing with my hand," Ennard said confusedly.

Michael sighed tiredly. "You're right, and don't do that again. Wait here."

Ennard looked at Michael who was walking away from nowhere, then he looked back at the teapot. Of course, he knew what pain was. But it was hard to believe that he could turn back into a human again, he just wanted to prove it. Only, he wouldn't do that carelessly.

Afton didn't need to know the red-eyed blonde albino.

It didn't take long for Michael to come with a first aid kit and a basin. Michael turned off the stove first before telling him to sit on the dining table chair, then Michael filled the basin with water from the tap, finally he sat across from Ennard.

"Give me your hand," Michael ordered him.

Normally he wouldn't want to do what Michael told him to do, however he was now holding out his injured hand to Michael. The brown-haired man held his finger carefully before leading him to dip his hand into the water. The cold sensation was evident, Ennard flinched in surprise.

"Cold?" Michael smiled slightly at him with an eyebrow raised upwards, Ennard nodded slowly. "You're stupid anyway."

"H-hey!" Ennard winced in pain at Michael idly pressing his wound in the water, and Michael just laughed. "And you're so evil," Ennard said after that, scowling a little as he pulled his hand away—but Michael stopped his movements.

Michael grinned. "Sorry?"

"Whatever."

The reply that sounded full of irritation only made Michael giggle. "Do you know?"

Ennard glanced up. "What?"

"To be honest I don't really know how to deal with burns."