Noah [5]

Darkness surrounded him, there was no one but him and whispers from all around. Even though the whispers were low and couldn't be heard clearly, he knew very well that the voices were talking about him. It was like in the past, where he stepped in, all gazes were glued to him and they started talking behind his back. About his eyes, his hair, his pale skin, everything about him.

Bullying was his daily schedule, he was used to it all, but there was still pain left in his heart. He wanted to bury the memories of the past, he didn't want anything to happen again. However, what? He himself is the one who messed up his current life now.

Now the image of Michael looking at him ... like those people couldn't be erased from his mind.

It made his chest tight.

What if they don't accept it? What if they also change like them and make him repeat his past again? All these thoughts hurt him, and he couldn't stop feeling anxious.

Especially regarding his own husband.

He didn't want the life he was living currently to end, he wanted to feel it longer, feel the warmth they gave, the love that Michael gave.

Damn, he's really stupid.

His consciousness had awakened a few minutes ago but he only decided to open his eyes now, the first thing he saw was the ceiling of a room. He remembered he was in the bathroom all day before he passed out in the tub, somehow he was in a different place after waking up. He sighed softly and tilted his body as he pulled the blanket over his head which was throbbing in pain non-stop. His whole body felt feverish, this sickness probably wouldn't go away any time soon.

"How do you feel now?"

Noah glanced to see who had just spoken and he found a man sitting not far from him. He studied the black-haired man for a moment. "Bad," he replied before he looked away again. "How did I get here?"

He could hear soft exhale as footsteps got closer, and then the same sofa where he was currently lying was occupied. "You were unconscious in the bathroom so I took you to my room."

"And why did you come into our room, Glitchtrap?"

"I was just worried, so I decided to check on you." Vincent smiled faintly. "You should change your clothes immediately to new ones so that your fever doesn't get worse." He got up again and went to his original seat.

For a few moments Noah was silent, he didn't react in any way and continued to stay in his position—curled up on the sofa. "Where's Michael?"

Vincent raised his eyebrows, not too surprised by the question. "Michael has been in the living room," he answered calmly. "I'm sure he will accept you, Ennard. You are his husband, after all." He leaned his back against the head of the chair while fixing his bright purple eyes on Noah who was trying to get up from his lying position, at least somewhat watching Noah's movements and just in case something might happen. "You don't need to worry."

"He's angry at me."

"Of course, who wouldn't be angry if they lied to you for that long?" Vincent chuckled, Noah's face soured. "William also got mad when I admitted who I really was, so it was a completely natural reaction."

Noah glanced briefly. "You were suspicious of me from the start, weren't you?" His tone sharpened, he knew that this man had been suspicious of him since the beginning of their reunion—not that he was complaining, after all he knew Vincent's little secret so he considered them even now.

"How couldn't I? I killed you, Ennard," Vincent said softly, a faint smile remaining on his face.

His forehead furrowed deeper, it was now clear to him why William didn't know anything about him suddenly disappearing in the past. It turned out that it was Vincent himself, not William. "Are you sure ... that we'll both be okay?"