Ch 46

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Now can you explain to me why you chose to procrastinate and instead do other useless things?"

"Reading comics is useful," Michael scowled. "It helps me not to be depressed."

"I mean the stupid disk on the bedroom table, you idiot."

Michael's eyebrows shot up after realizing the meaning of Ennard's words, he finally plastered a wide smile on his face. "So this is it, Enn," Michael said enthusiastically. "I want to make an illusion disc!"

"Huh?"

"A disc that can make you look like a human," Michael replied excitedly.

Ennard was silent for a moment. "For me?"

"Duh, of course."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to know what you looked like in human form." Michael grinned, the image at which Ennard was shorter than him still entertained him, making him giggle. "And by chance you mentioned it, I want to continue the illusion disc now—"

"Wait a minute." Ennard took over Michael's body quickly, Michael's purple eye turned blue. He stepped into the kitchen and pointed to the black plastic on the counter. "That's why you decided to buy sandwiches? It really doesn't make sense. You're so wasteful."

"I don't use the money I make by helping supermarket employees for useless things," Michael answered in his mind. "Also, didn't I say I would earn money by working? Hah! Look now! I work!"

"Yeah, yeah," Ennard answered boredly, not impressed at all. "Then this sandwich?"

"Lucy gave it to me before you woke up."

"Lucy?" Ennard's tone sounded odd. "Lucy who?"

"My new friend, one of the supermarket employees who at that time offered me supermarket leftovers because they would empty and then rearrange with new products. She is nice."

"Are you sure she's not like the girl you last met?"

Michael grimaced for a moment. "Well—I'm still suspicious, but not too suspicious either. Lucy seems kind and she's an ordinary person."

"You are naive, Benedict."

"But I was right about she is kind! She gave the sandwich out of concern after she found out the fridge was empty!"

Ennard gaped. "You let her IN here?"

"She's the one who barged in!"

"You really—" Ennard couldn't even continue in anger, while Michael was now feeling guilty, he admitted he was quite careless this time. "If anything happens to us, it's all your fault!"

Michael puffed out his cheeks while his brows knit together. "I know," he mumbled. "Sorry."

"Whatever."

He could hear Ennard deactivating himself again, then he let out a heavy breath. Michael felt guilty for making the animatronic mad now, even though he had never made it as big problem before. Michael pursed his lips, finally deciding to apologize again later and continue with his work.