Ch 121 [END]

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Michael looked at the stuffs lying on the couch carefully, trying not to miss a thing that might have been left elsewhere. They returned to his house again, as promised after staying until Sunday at the house of his father's friend. He went back to check to make sure once again, only after being absolutely certain he breathed a sigh of relief. There were some items left in another city, but they could pick them up at any time.

He also went to his own room while carrying his old fox mask, he opened the bedroom door and was somewhat surprised that dust was everywhere. However, it was understandable, they hadn't occupied this place for a year, the house wasn't clean, they could clean it later. He put the mask in his closet and he would have closed it if only he hadn't found his old guitar in there. Michael smiled faintly, took the guitar, then he closed the cupboard. For a moment he realigned the strings, then plucked the strings briefly.

The sound still worth hearing, he nodded in satisfaction and put the guitar in the corner of the room, he could fix it. Michael came out of the room after that and headed to his parents' room. His steps stopped for a moment when he saw the door to his youngest brother's room was open, he could see into the room. His chest felt congested remembering the past, he immediately closed the bedroom door tightly and walked back to the original destination.

Since Henry said his father had made him a bank account, he had to find the file. Maybe he could cash out his deposit and take some cash. He started checking into the cupboard where his father kept important files.

Most of them were notes about animatronics, or just blueprints. After all, he had messed up this place once and didn't tidy it up, this would take some time. Michael let out a tired breath, pushing aside the insignificant envelope containing his father's monthly income. He looked up, there was a box there, and he couldn't reach it.

His feet tiptoed, he was still trying to pick up the box, in his mind he was cursing why he wasn't that tall. Until then a pair of arms lifted him up, startling him for a while but he quickly took the box happily. Ennard put him down after that.

"Thanks, Enn," he said to the animatronic with a grin, Ennard just nodded. "Uncle Henry said that Father keeps the files in his cupboard."

"Bank account files?"

"Yes."

Michael started taking things out of the box—in fact there wasn't anything he was looking for. Michael grunted under his breath, about to go back to tidying it up until he caught a photograph before his eyes. Michael raised his eyebrows, then took the photo. Ennard craned his head to take a look.

It was a picture of him with his two younger siblings, when all three of them were too young.

Evan looked like he was two years old, while Elizabeth was five, and his nine year old was holding Evan. A meaningful smile appeared on Michael's face, his gaze warmed even though the memory of the past was still painful to remember. He kept looking at the photo, if he wasn't mistaken it was his mother who took their portrait.

"That's you?"

"Who else?"

Ennard stepped closer to get a better look, which brought Michael even closer to the table. "You look brassy."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"That's a reprimand."

Michael puffed out his cheeks in annoyance, then he put the photo back in the box. Michael also pushed Ennard away for a while so he could escape the thin distance between Ennard's massive body and his father's desk. He put the box beside the cupboard, then decided to take a break. Michael went out and headed for the kitchen, Ennard followed him from behind like a duck following its mother. Pretty adorable.

"Seems like we have to clean this house soon," Michael said while coughing a bit when he opened the kitchen cabinet, dust immediately poured in. "This house is too dirty."

Ennard stared closely at Michael, after which he changed form. He approached Michael again and pulled him closer, giving the man a small surprise as he gently pressed their lips together. Then Michael wrapped his arms around his neck and deepened the kiss for a few moments. Michael smiled after that, he could feel his cheeks heat up.

"Why so sudden?" Michael laughed briefly, he didn't answer at all but blushed and looked away, as if he had just realized what he had just done and felt very shy and nervous. "You're so adorable." Michael stood on tiptoe briefly to pat the top of Ennard's head.

"You're more adorable."

"Mm maybe."

Michael stifled a laugh as he saw Ennard frown deeply at his reply. He chuckled softly when Ennard decided to pull him again and hug him from behind, this animatronic was too clingy, he loved it so much.

He leaned against Ennard's body, then sighed lowly. Everything was peaceful, Ennard's embrace was warm, the kiss was pleasant. He liked this state of affairs, he loved everything about Ennard, only being with Ennard he could feel this. Michael hugged Ennard tightly, as if he couldn't see him the next day. Ennard caressed his hair gently, he felt cozy and comfortable.

"Enn."

"Yes?"

"You will stay with me, right?"

He raised his head to look at Ennard, who had already looked at him. He could see how the corners of Ennard's lips pulled upwards into a smile. "I will always do what you want, Michael. Yes, I will stay with you."

Michael smiled with relief, his feelings sinking warmly, he hugged Ennard tightly again. Those words dispelled all his worries. While Ennard kept stared at the man, he felt at ease with Michael, a feeling he had longed for a long time, now getting from someone he never expected. He kissed the top of Michael's head gently, before whispering softly.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ennard."

Those words were enough to give him a reason to survive, and he was sure Michael felt the same way. He smiled, their embrace tightened, sharing each other's warmth.

They both knew, as long as they had each other, they would be fine.

-END-

A/N: Hii! It's end already, I really appreciate you who reads it until the end, I'm so thankful for your support and your comments! It's a lot of fun to write this story! <3