Ch 5

"Bold." : animatronic is talking

"Normal." : human is talking

=o^o=

Tuk!

Ennard turned to Michael who was looking straight at the television, as if he wasn't the one who threw something right at Ennard's head.

A piece of paper kneaded into a ball.

Of course Ennard knew that Michael had something written on the ball of paper, he was reluctant to take it. However, Ennard couldn't stand it either because he realized that Michael was constantly glancing at him. Afton was really annoying.

Using the cord, Ennard opened the bundle of paper, which written;

You're ugly :).

"Really, Afton?" Ennard said as he gave Michael a bored look, not understanding Michael's behavior anymore. "You're like a juvenile delinquent who just hit puberty."

"I was."

Michael shrugged nonchalantly, keeping a mischievous smile from spreading on his face. The man reached for his coffee cup, intending to drink the bitter black liquid. He was surprised when Ennard suddenly wrapped his arm with the cable and shook his arm, causing the coffee Michael was holding to spill slightly and fall on the carpet.

"Carpet," Michael said rolling his eyes. "It's hard to wash, you are very intent on taking revenge."

It was Ennard's turn to be indifferent. "There would be no smoke without fire," he replied casually.

"But I'm writing a fact, you know," Michael said, blinking a few times as if he didn't feel guilty.

"Yeah, yeah." Ennard snorted, "Are you bored?"

"Precisely."

"Your boredom is boring."

Michael sighed, plopping down on the couch with no interest in cleaning the coffee stains on the carpet. After all, it was Ennard who would do that in the end. "What should I do really?" Michael mumbled lazily, spending all the time just being at home is boring sometimes, it's too bad he still can't go out for now. "Tell me, what should I do."

"Buy some flowers," Ennard answered, getting Michael's attention.

Michael looked at Ennard curiously, was that just an answer from Ennard telling him to buy flowers? "What for?"

"And go to your brother's grave."

The reply succeeded in making Michael immediately change his position into a sitting position, his rounded eyes rolling towards Ennard. The animatronic seemed unconcerned, but Michael was furious; Ennard knew it was a very sensitive topic for Michael and Ennard brought it up. Michael had opened his mouth, wanting to reply to Ennard's words. However, he was at a loss for words.

Michael bit his lower lip, it was so suffocating. He chose not to respond to anything, lay back down again while enduring a stabbing pain in his chest. Michael took a deep breath, rubbing his face in a huff. For several minutes they were in a state of silence, even awkwardness. Michael was lost in daydreams of the past, while Ennard—he doesn't know what Ennard was thinking. He doesn't care.

Ah, shit. He was such a crybaby, his eyes were starting to heat up.

He gritted his teeth hard and tried to shake off the pain, but still the negative feelings melted into one with the bitter memory, attacking Michael at one time. When he opened his eyes, Afton was surprised to find Ennard's face directly above him, as if staring at Michael. For some reason his vision suddenly blurred, his eyes started to water.

Ennard's words were still ringing in Michael's head.

"What?" Michael asked in a huff, his voice shaking, Ennard still glaring at him. "Hurry up, dammit," Michael added half-snapping at the absence of any response from Ennard for a few moments, trying his best to keep the swollen tears from flowing out of his eyes.

"Did my words hurt you, Afton?" Ennard finally let out a voice, asking in a voice that sounded worried. "Until that silences you?" The animatronic continued.

However, Michael did not answer.

"Pathetic."

Those words sounded mocking.

Their eyes met, Michael squinting through gritted teeth, while Ennard snorted and lifted his head away from Michael's face.

"Cry, Afton."

Was Ennard's last words before jumping into the vent, leaving Michael alone with a silent sob.