Ch 75

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

They left the rest area after an hour, just as the sun finally appeared clearly from the east. Since there was also a convenience store in the rest area, Lucy decided to buy some snacks for her, but she told Ennard to do so—of course she couldn't walk around with a bleeding shoulder who only received first aid. Ennard returned with a plastic bag of snacks, and a can of soda, and ice creams with lollipop for Michael.

The lollipop was meant to make fun of Michael, but unexpectedly along the way Michael really enjoyed it.

At first Michael also asked Lucy to switch places, intending to replace Lucy to drive but Lucy refused.

"Fix your mental first."

She said.

So, Lucy kept driving.

After an hour, they arrived in Michael's hometown. Lucy slowed down to look at the city, while Michael chose to focus more on his scribbles on a piece of paper that Ennard had given him to keep him silent. Ennard just stared straight ahead, the state of this town didn't change at all.

"There, the hospital is there." Michael pointed south, Lucy looked where Michael was pointing—a large building appeared in the distance.

Lucy drove the car to the hospital quickly but carefully, her shoulder starting to go numb from the pain. She was lucky the bullet penetrated it, didn't lodge in the shoulder that was shot. It didn't take long to get there, Lucy quickly parked the car considering that it was still early and there were very few people who came to the hospital, mostly employees.

"Ennard, you come with me," Lucy said as she unbuckled her seat belt.

Ennard, who at first only watched Michael draw, immediately turned his head in shock. "Why should I come too? I'll just wait in the car."

"As much as I want you to spend time together with Michael, I need a companion too."

"So find a girlfriend."

Lucy glared fiercely at Ennard after Ennard gave his reply. "Just come with me! Just in case, this is my first time coming here and Michael better stay hidden."

"This is also the first time for me to come to the hospital!" Ennard didn't want to lose, he still insisted on staying in the car.

"Ennard come with Lucy," Michael chimed in, shoved a spoonful of the melted ice cream into his mouth and looked at Ennard who was now half exasperated. "Take care of Lucy, in case something happens. I'm fine here alone."

Lucy looked at Ennard triumphantly, while Ennard gritted his teeth in annoyance. "I'm just lazy to come with her, but whatever," Ennard grumbled, but he opened the car door and got out reluctantly. "Not that I'm worried you're alone here either, pft." He still grunted as he closed the door, Lucy giggled and Michael smiled faintly.

The two of them started walking towards the entrance of the hospital, even though Ennard kept his distance from Lucy—the red-haired man stepped behind Lucy. Of course, with clothes that were bleeding like that, as soon as Lucy entered, a nurse immediately approached her and asked what happened. Lucy answered honestly; she was shot. After that, Lucy was immediately dragged into a room, leaving Ennard alone in the waiting room.

This is the boring part, waiting. Ennard knit his brows and continued his grumbling inside. At least the waiting room had one large window that looked out into the parking lot so he could keep an eye on their car. He exhaled and leaned back against the hard cushion of the chair, his left thigh supporting his right leg.