Ch 59

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Why do we have to go home?"

There was a deep desire in Ennard to pull his red hair out in frustration at the constant whimpering of Michael. "You think we should stick around there?" he reapproached in irritation.

Michael pursed his lips, pouting. He put his feet up on the sofa in the guest room. "But it's comfortable there, and on the news it said that we still have to be ready in case there are aftershocks."

"You're the one staying there then. Shoo."

"Ennard is coming too."

"No."

Afton's eldest puffed out his cheeks in annoyance at the super-fast and even thoughtless reply. "Lucy is fun, I won't feel lonely because you rarely have fun with me and keep frowning all the time as if you have an anger issue."

"If you like her just say so." Ennard gave a grunt and turned from facing Michael toward the television, the corners of his eyes twitching.

The brown-haired man raised his eyebrows. "Like? No no no, I don't like her like 'that'." Michael laughed, Ennard chose to ignore that Afton. "She's beautiful and nice but she's not my type," Michael said after stifling a laugh. "Ennard likes her?"

"Of course no, dumbhead," replied Ennard as he rolled his eyes in boredom, finally deciding to turn on the television.

"Of course, Ennard likes me."

"You really want to make me hit you."

"With love?"

"You—"

Ennard discontinued his speech due to groaning in exasperation, he finally complied with his desire of pulling his red hair in frustration, his face turning red as well. This Afton was so annoying, the changes were too flashy and it made Ennard cringe himself.

Why did this bastard suddenly like to tease him?

"You idiot!"

Michael just giggled at Ennard's rebuke. "Just kidding," Michael said before soldering a sweet smile to Ennard who briefly glanced at him, before quickly turning his head away. "Besides, Lucy once told me that she's a lesbian, how could I ever like her." Michael shrugged nonchalantly, then his eyes suddenly sharpened. "I think her friend likes you."

The animatronic frowned, flashing the silhouette of the black-haired girl who had tried to talk to him before yesterday's earthquake. "I don't care." Ennard gave a small snort and focused his gaze on the television screen a second time.

"So, if you had to choose between me and her then you would choose me? How sweet."

Ennard's brow furrowed deeper at Michael's one-sided words, where Michael was now smiling to himself while nodding. "If I had to choose between you and her, I would choose myself. End of topic."

"Booo you're too apathetic, boo."

"Don't you ever look in the mirror?"

"There is only your shadow if I look in the mirror."

"Stop flirting, you weirdo. You really lost your mind."

Michael giggled. "No, why do you think like that?"

"It's pretty obvious you're going crazy."

"Crazy for you."

"See!" Ennard pointed right between Michael's eyes in annoyance, making Michael's pupils squint slightly to see the tip of Ennard's index finger. "You're really crazy now!" he said.

Michael brushed Ennard's hand away and puffed out his cheeks. "You think too badly of me."

"That's not what I mean!"

"You're annoying."

"The only annoying one here is you!"

Michael simply stuck his tongue at Ennard, making Ennard growl in annoyance—Michael's change from edgy to flirty was worse than he thought.