Ch 39

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

From morning to evening, Michael was just busy looking at the endoskeleton.

At first he wanted to continue, but yesterday's rain made him reluctant to work in the living room, so he moved to another room; the room where Ennard was deactivated, or if he could say he was in a coma.

Michael touched the end of the wrench with his index finger, then pursed his lips and tilted his head while his forehead furrowed. Why didn't he want to continue once he knew how to do it? Michael exhaled tiredly and leaned back against Ennard's legs—that's right, Ennard's legs were now his new resting place.

The endoskeleton didn't feel right.

He glanced at the spare part that was on the table not far from him, it belonged to Ennard until Ennard decided to dismantle himself for Michael's needs.

It had surprised Michael indeed. Going that far just to see the end result of his endoskeleton?

Michael didn't understand what Ennard was thinking.

He stood up and faced Ennard, his hands draped around his waist. Ennard seemed genuinely interested in his discovery. Michael reached out to grab Ennard's face, then he tilted his head back while his lips parted slightly.

If the endoskeleton was finished, then he would use it to replace Ennard, and they would no longer need to be together.

That was the original plan.

"Why did you make me not want to be separated from you?"

Michael exhaled tiredly, then he lifted his face again and held onto Ennard's mask. Bastard, really annoying, he thought to himself realizing he was reluctant to continue with the endoskeleton because he felt bad for Ennard. The animatronics had helped him a lot lately, either in subtle or even rude ways.

"You're such a jerk, you're doing this to me on purpose so I don't get rid of you." Michael was still talking to himself, looking irritated at Ennard who was just silent. "Asshole."

His hands then folded in front of his chest, Michael puffed out his cheeks. He looked at the endoskeleton for a moment, then glanced at Ennard's spare parts. Then he felt guilty—this was the strange feeling. Michael groaned in frustration, Ennard left him both confused and dilemma.

"Why the fuck you are so annoying?!"