EXTRA 19

-2027-

They argued again.

It was a sunny day at first, they decided to relax in the backyard, just chatting with each other or just reading a book together. There was nothing that could trigger their fight except one thing;

"You ate the last strawberry candy."

"I didn't eat it."

"Yes, you did."

Ennard groaned in annoyance and narrowed his eyes sharply at Michael, lately the man was obsessed with certain candies. "I didn't! Why did I eat it anyway? I don't want a toothache," he said irritably as he folded his arms in front of his chest.

Michael pointed to the empty bowl. "But there's no candy there and you said I could take the last one!"

"I really didn't eat it!"

"There's no way that candy suddenly walk by itself while I'm going to the bathroom for a few minutes!" Michael puffed out his cheeks and pouted, his eyebrows knitted together at Ennard. "Besides, the last time we bought the same candy, you were the one who ate the last piece."

Ennard exhaled. "I admit that, but I'm really not eating it this time, okay?" He looked at Michael closely as if he wanted his husband to believe him.

Now Michael looked sad even though the reason why he was sad seems trivial. "It's hard to find where the candy is sold," he said, somewhat sullenly. "Even though you can do it online, it's still difficult! It takes a few days or weeks for them to delivery it."

Michael was sulking like a child, which was at least adorable for Ennard. Ennard eventually smiled faintly and patted the top of Michael's head. "It's okay, it's just candy," he said as he picked up his book which was on the ground covered with a tablecloth. "It's going to rain soon, let's go inside. Pack your painting tools."

The brown-haired man looked up at the sky which was starting to darken. "Huh, it was bright earlier," he muttered.

After that he packed up his painting tools like what Ennard told him to do. He picked up his phone which was mounted on a tripod and raised both eyebrows briefly, he suddenly remembered something. Then Michael smiled broadly, quickly cleaned up the rest and followed Ennard who had entered the house. He placed the items on the kitchen counter and headed for Ennard who was already sitting on the living room couch.

"Enn!" he said happily, Ennard glanced. "You said you didn't eat the candy."

Ennard's forehead furrowed. "You still suspect me?"

Michael nodded. "Yes."

Then Ennard snorted and rolled his eyes in boredom. "So? What do you want to do?" He turned his body to face Michael, who was now sitting directly in front of him and opened his phone.

"I just remembered I recorded the two of us from the beginning," Michael said while searching for the length of the video he meant.

"What for?"

"No particular reason." Michael grinned, until he finally found the duration where he briefly went to the bathroom, leaving Ennard alone with the last strawberry candy. "Now let's see if you are telling the truth or not."

"Your obsession with candy concerns me."

"Good to know."

Ennard sighed and opened his arms briefly so that Michael could sit on his lap before he put his arms around Michael, resting his chin on the top of the eldest Afton's head while looking at the phone screen which was playing a video. They watched it together in silence, in the video he was reading a book seriously, until suddenly a squirrel approached him but he didn't seem to notice it at all. The squirrel took the candy.

Michael blinked in dumbfounded. "You didn't realize at all there was a squirrel?"

"Nope."

"You were really glued to your book," Michael said amusedly, before he leaned his back against Ennard's chest and looked up at Ennard with an innocent grin. "Sorry for accusing you," he continued cheerfully, while Ennard rolled his eyes again boredly before kissing his forehead.

"You're lucky I love you."

"If you don't, maybe you'll kill me again."

Michael laughed loudly seeing how Ennard's expression turned sour as soon as he heard his reply, Ennard had to cover his face for a moment. "You're just—ugh."

He giggled happily. "I love you too."

Then he was flabbergasted as a drop of water fell from the ceiling onto the tip of his nose. Michael looked up and found how the ceiling was wet and heavy rain could be heard coming from outside. Ennard also stared in the same direction, his eyebrows pulled upwards. The two of them after that glared at each other.

"This is an old house," Ennard said while shrugging his shoulders. Actually, this wasn't a rare occurrence, but it was starting to get annoying.

Michael thought about it for a moment. "Now is a perfect time to renovate it."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course." Michael smiled broadly. "This is our home, after all, we have to take care of it." He leaned his body against Ennard again and chuckled to find Ennard's face red. "You know? You're so cute when you blush."

"Shut up."

"No."

"I hate you."

"You just said you love me literally five minutes ago."

"I changed my mind."

"Really?"

"... No."

Michael laughed again, he changed his position briefly just to kiss Ennard's forehead before he leaned back against Ennard, then listened to how Ennard grumbled after that.