Ch 94

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Michael had been wondering lately if it was because of Mark that Ennard was acting like that? Before they argue in the room full of trophies. He always believed that something had happened when Ennard checked his house, because after that all the things that were wrong were seen, which sparked a fight. They seemed to be fine once they talked again, but there was still a strange feeling inside him. Michael took a deep breath, he propped his right leg up on his left thigh as he leaned back against the sofa and thought again.

Then he found his old friend talking to Ennard in front of a public park fountain, he was too far away to hear their conversation. Ennard didn't bring up the matter at all after he returned, and he kept his distance from him again though not completely ignoring him this time. Wasn't that weird? Maybe he reads too many comics and novels, but strange and clichéd scenarios pop up in his head.

He didn't want to make bad prejudice about it, really. Although Mark can sometimes be an asshole, influencing others was not Mark's nature.

Wait, Mark always made him feel that the incident that happened to Evan was all his fault.

Forget it, Mark was an asshole.

The last thing was while they were at the cemetery. He watched the two of them speak again, and again he stood far enough away not to hear their conversation. He saw how Mark stood quite close to Ennard, saw how Mark laughed with Ennard, saw how Mark touched Ennard's red hair. He felt nothing but adrenaline rushing inside him to rush at them and push Mark away, but his logic overpowered that intention, which was a good thing.

Ennard did say he would tell him what he talked to Mark about, but after they left Ennard went straight to the room and locked the room. Ennard was also deactivated today. It frustrated him a bit, what were they talking about? He wanted to know the entire context of the conversation.

Michael sighed again and put his feet up on the couch, he stared the room boredly. He was waiting for Ennard to wake up and tell them, while Lucy was busy cleaning the attic today, he had nothing to do but grumble. Michael moved his hand to reach for the book on his front desk, then looking at its contents boredly, he put the book down again after a minute. Shortly thereafter he picked up a pencil lying on the same table, his eyes searching for unused paper.

A smile started to appear on his face after he found what he was looking for, then immediately made a quick rough sketch. An animatronic, distinctive mask, red round nose, wires sticking out. Michael kept his smile from widening, he giggled a little and continued to stare at the paper. Ennard, his sweet Ennard.

Michael blinked, before groaning in exasperation and tugging at his brown hair in frustration. Again, his mind felt crazy, making him obsessed again with something that killed him.

He grunted before bending down to pick up a piece of paper that had accidentally fallen out, then the sound of a door opening was heard.

Michael quickly turned his head as he cracked a smile again, looking at the man who had budged in the middle of the door with wide eyes, too surprised that his bag fell to the floor. Michael chuckled and turned around, his greeting sounded cheerful. "Hello, Mark."

"What the—how did you get into my apartment ...?" Mark stared at him in disbelief, before he pursed his lips together and normalized his expression again. "I thought you were gone again, leaving this town."