Ch 11

"Bold."/"Bold." : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"If today you mess up my interview again or do things I don't like—"

"Whoa, am I really going to do what you like? Don't be kidding."

Michael groaned in annoyance at Ennard's reply, wanting to pull back his brown mane but this time he didn't want people to look at him strangely, so Michael held back his intentions desperately.

Afton went to a quieter place to be more comfortable scolding the animatronics that now resided in his body. "Listen. You're off for today," Michael said, placing his palms on his waist and facing—a tree. "If you let me find work in peace, I'll buy you a stock of soda or butter, whatever you want."

"Yeah no, it won't work. You're bad at communicating anyway," Ennard replied, though his voice paused a little in mid-spoke.

Michael's brow furrowed. "I don't want to hear that from the man who destroyed his own friends. Literally."

"You sees me as a 'man'?"

"That's not the point!" Michael exclaimed, then covered his mouth and looked around warily. "Don't act like you're perfect and superior to me," Michael hissed irritably. "You're as much of a loser as I am."

Ennard was silent for a moment, and Michael choked so suddenly that he made a movement as if he was spitting up his guts. "You are right. At least I'm classier than you."

"You fucking basta—uek!"

"Ooh, that's the worst one yet."

"Ennard!" Michael growled low, the disgusting sensation that still lingered in his throat from Ennard's wires making him want to throw up all of Ennard"s pieces. "I swear to-"

Michael suddenly fell silent, he looked behind the tree he assumed Ennard to talk to and found several familiar looking people in his vision. Michael was silent for a few minutes until they were really gone, then Michael sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Fucking scientist, Afton grumbled in annoyance in thought. "The point is, don't bother me for today or I'll kick your ass out if I don't get a job thanks to you. You understand, burn face?"

There was no response from Ennard for up to a minute, only a low 'hmp' that Michael could hear.

"I'll assume you agree."

---

The eldest Afton wiped his face for a moment, then took a mirror from his pocket to look in the mirror—trying to improve his appearance and facial expression. When he felt ready, Michael lowered his head and sighed, then lifted his head. A wide smile is now etched on his face.

Michael looked at the shop in front of him—slightly gulping because it was a shop that provided building materials and Michael knew exactly what he would have to do if he was hired.

Maybe with Ennard in his body, Michael could lift things like that.

However, if Ennard wasn't with him...

Michael had to bribe the animatronic until the endoskeleton was finished.

"Excuse me?" Michael said kindly to one of the passersby. The person paused, and Michael smiled gratefully. "I heard your shop is looking for a job," Michael continued, the man nodding. "Can I talk to your boss?"