Ch 70

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Lucy woke up in the morning before the sun showed its usual light. She went to the bathroom to wash her face with cold water, brushed her teeth, then washed her face again. She can take a shower later.

The girl stepped into the kitchen, she intended to make breakfast considering that for now her house had two additional people—can Ennard be categorized as a human? Lucy frowned briefly, then shrugged her shoulders and chose not to care and continued on her way to the kitchen.

The slight sound that came from there made Lucy speed up, her eyebrows raised to find Michael fiddling with the shelves and fridge.

"Mike? What are you doing so early?"

Michael flinched in surprise and turned his head awkwardly. "Nothing ...?"

Lucy was skeptical, of course.

The man glanced here and there nervously, as if he had been caught doing something that was actually forbidden. "I was just ... checking if for example you have pickles and spinach."

"I do have pickles and spinach, why?" Lucy asked confusedly. "You can't eat anyway, can you?"

"Yeah." Michael glanced briefly at Lucy. "But Ennard doesn't like it."

"Oh?" Lucy seemed interested. "You really like him."

Michael pursed his lips. "We talked about that yesterday," he mumbled, turning to face the kitchen window. "But Ennard can be cranky."

"Absolutely love him."

"Lucy!"

Lucy chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll remember he doesn't like pickles and spinach," said Lucy casually patting Michael on the shoulder, as if to tell Michael not to worry. "You want some soup?"

"Yes."

Michael's spontaneous answer made Lucy smile amused and ruffled Michael's brown hair for a bit, then she told Michael to sit down at the dinner table while waiting for her to cook, to which Michael immediately complied. She prepared several ingredients at the same time thinking how to make Michael also enjoy her cooking.

"Dawson."

Hearing Ennard's deep voice calling out to her, Lucy looked back, but she found no one but Michael sitting with both legs raised on the chair. "You saw Ennard, Mike?"

"It's me."

Lucy's brow furrowed, she looked at Michael intensely—Michael's purple eyes turned blue. Robotic blue. A conclusion was created in Lucy's mind. "You need something, Ennard?"

Michael moved, he lowered his legs and got up just to sit on the table. "What did you want to tell us last night? Don't wait for the right time to tell us."

"Ah." Lucy put down the pot hearing that, she faced herself to the man. For five minutes Lucy was silent, not saying anything, seemingly putting the words together first. "Well ... I remember Michael asking me someone named Alice when we were just being friends."

Michael's eyes narrowed. "Did something happen?" A serious tone could be heard in Michael's voice.

"Kind of," Lucy paused for a moment as she glanced the other way, "I met her."

Michael glared. "Don't be kidding me!"

No matter how high his hopes were right now, seeing Lucy shake her head slowly in response made Michael grip the edge of the table tightly with tensed shoulders. The scientists were still hunting him, even knowing where he was now. They were both faced with a dangerous situation again. Michael didn't understand how Alice and her minions know about his whereabouts.

"I'm pretty sure it might be the Alice you meant," Lucy said as she tapped her chin with the tip of her index finger. "Mary said she was a friend of hers and had come for a vacation ... I don't believe it at all."

"Better not." Ennard took over Michael's body again, Lucy raised her eyebrows. "If that bitch is here, we'd better get going."

"Wouldn't it be better to stay for a while?" Michael took back his body.

"She could have found out where we are first, better not."

"But for now it's best not to leave right away."

"If not now, when? Usually you are always slow and wasting time. Remember what happened last time at your house?"

"I didn't expect Mark would come!"

"Because you took too long to decide!"

The argument actually made Lucy dizzy herself, technically she witnessed two people arguing with one body and it was confusing. "It's still too early to fight!" Lucy grabbed Michael who was about to speak again. "The point is I've met Alice a few times and she seems to be looking for you too, Mike."

Michael pursed his lips, he squeezed his hand anxiously. "Maybe we should go back to my house again."

"That can confuse Alice," Lucy chimed in. "If you go back to your house and stay there for a while, I can let you know if Alice has left here and you can come back here!" said Lucy excitedly.

The man shook his head. "Your friend knows her, if we back to this place again she will definitely tell her again."

The words seemed to wake Lucy up, the corners of Lucy's lips dropped and her brows furrowed in disappointment. "You're right," she muttered under her breath, before tilting her head again with a big smile. "You don't have to leave the house you're in here! I can visit you every day and give you everything you need," Lucy said, her spirits rising up again. "I also actually have a car that I rarely use, you can use it to go home and come back here again!"

Michael was taken aback by Lucy's words, for a moment he would agree but it didn't feel right—Lucy had helped them a lot. "You don't mind ...? We don't want to trouble you, Lulu."

Lucy widened her grin. "Not at all! Don't worry!"

Relieved to hear that, Michael cast a meaningful smile on Lucy. "Thank you, Dawson."

Lucy blinked, she had never heard Ennard thank her once, then Lucy chuckled and waved her hand. "No need to thank me!"

"But you're willingly to help us," Michael replied quietly. "I don't understand why you would do all that for us."

The girl stopped giggling and looked at Michael, a gentle smile on her face as her gaze warmed. "You know," Lucy said, turning her attention out the window. "I once had a younger brother, you and he were probably the same age. You remind me of him."

Michael could catch Lucy's body slowly stiffening, how Lucy held her arm so tightly that her nails stuck to her skin. However, Lucy still had a smile on her face.

"A car hit him and he died."

There was silence for five minutes.

Lucy glanced the other way. "We had a fight before he got hit and I feel like it was all my fault, I can't stop feeling sorry. If I hadn't acted so childish, he might still be alive right now." Lucy bit her inner lip and lowered her gaze.

For a moment, Michael was silent. Not talking at all. Lucy's story reminded him of his siblings He knew exactly how Lucy felt. Michael moved one of his hand, patting Lucy on the shoulder. "It's not your fault."

Lucy couldn't help but smile weakly at that and thanked him softly. "Like that," Lucy mumbled, before wrapping her arms around her waist and put on a grin on her face for unknown times. "Well, I better get ready to make breakfast and we can talk about your departure together later!"

Michael nodded and smiled. "Okay! I want soup."

"Of course."

"Shut up."

"No."

"You make me want to puke."

"Throw up then."

"Don't throw up in my kitchen, disgusting!"