Ch 110

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"I can teach you to drive someday." Michael smiled broadly at Ennard who walked beside him, he hugged the man's arm happily while Ennard seemed to be trying not to look awkward. "I will go easy on you, don't worry."

Ennard muttered incoherently. "Okay." He raised his eyes briefly then turned to Michael. "Who taught you to drive?"

The brown-haired man answered casually. "In the past, my father taught me but his patience was very, very thin like a sheet of tissue, so he gave up, I can't blame him because I was a slow and dumb teenager. After I stayed with his friend, he taught me until I was really proficient, even though I still don't have a driver's license but at least I can drive myself."

"Your father's friend?"

"Yes." He nodded. "Uncle Henry. After you killed me, you left me several times and during that time I met him."

Ennard was silent for a moment, he pursed his lips together. "What was his reaction when he saw your condition at that time?"

"He was horrified." Michael laughed heartily. "But I can't blame him too, my condition at that time was really bad before you came back and helped me slow down my rot. I can introduce you guys later if you want, he still lives in his old house."

"Better not yet."

"Why?"

"Just think about it, Afton." Ennard shot Michael a disgruntled look. "You can't just pop up in front of him and be cheerful and then introduce him to the guy who killed you."

"Then tell him we're dating!"

"He would faint."

Michael giggled at that, before he suppressed his laughter and looked forward again. They were walking to Lucy's car which they had parked at his old place of work in the early hours of the morning. The morning sun was still covered by cold dew on the eastern horizon. They kept talking—actually he was the only one who talk while Ennard listened and occasionally responded. They thought that there would be no problem on their way to their destination, but they were mistaken when they heard someone's footsteps from behind.

"Hey!"

Michael was taken aback when he was suddenly grabbed by the shoulders from behind as they heard the greeting, causing him to widen his eyes while Ennard growled. "Thomas?"

Of course, he still remembered that man.

Thomas gave him a big smile. "What a coincidence, Mike! How are you?" he asked excitedly. "Also how is this grumpy one doing? Are you guys dating now? I saw you two holding hands earlier, you must be dating!"

Michael's cheeks blushed briefly before he let go of Thomas's embrace, he was about to reply to Thomas' words but Ennard pulled him closer to him and put an arm around his waist, making his cheeks blush even more while Ennard narrowed his eyes sharply at Thomas who seemed interested in seeing that. "What are you doing here, Zachary?"

It was weird actually, where did Thomas come from? Why was he suddenly able to meet them again? This coincidence made him feel uneasy, he sensed some kind of danger.

"If I'm being honest," Thomas paused, "I was following you since the start."

They widened their eyes at the same time hearing that answer, while Thomas plastered a small smile. Ennard gritted his teeth and pulled Michael back behind him, causing Thomas to chuckle softly.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything."

"You're following us." Ennard strained his eyes again as wires began to emerge from his back. "You are a scientist."

Thomas raised his eyebrows upwards. "I am a scientist, kind of," he replied calmly, but he was clearly intrigued by the wires protruding from Ennard's body. "So what they were talking about is true about you two. Let me recall, Ennard and Michael Afton. I have your data now." Thomas reached for something from an inside pocket of his coat, Ennard growing. "Here." His hand reached out to Ennard, a map with a slip of paper.

Ennard and Michael stared at it in confusion, before Michael decided to take the item after tapping Ennard on the shoulder indicating that it was okay. "What's this?"

"Their bases in your hometown." Thomas patented a faint smile full of meaning seeing the surprise on the faces of the two men in front of him, then he returned to take something from the pocket in his coat.

A caliber pistol.

He pointed the gun at Ennard and Michael who weren't too aware of it due to they were too busy studying the map, with a piece of paper as the complete address. As Ennard raised his questioning gaze, he gasped to see the muzzle of the gun so close to him, that he automatically pulled Michael down as Thomas pulled the trigger and fired the bullet.

Not at them, at the target was something behind them.

They looked up in shock, then saw someone falling in the distance, from behind a tree. Thomas pulled the trigger again and pointed it to the right, the shot hit another person's shoulder and slowly several scientists whose faces they recognized began to appear, showing furious expressions at Thomas.

"I knew they would ambush you." Thomas' muttering could still be heard, then Thomas glanced at them cheerfully. "Don't worry I'll buy time for you guys!"

"Who are you ...?" Michael stared back and forth between the scientists and Thomas, his brow furrowing deeply. The scientists seemed hesitant to approach them this time and Ennard turned around and positioned himself in front of Michael again. He could hear their conversation.

"What should we do now?"

"I don't know, we have to wait for a signal from Miss Clark."

As soon as that name was called, a girl appeared from there in a rage. "What are you guys waiting for?! They are in plain sight!" Alice shouted loudly, pointing at Ennard and Michael who were still frozen, while Thomas walked in front of them with a grin, making Alice's eyes widen. "Mr Gideon ...."

Thomas had a momentary expression of disgust and sickening, but he quickly returned to his original expression and turned to Ennard and Michael. "Maybe this will be our last meeting, but it's okay I won't die because of these idiots." Thomas smiled as he pulled another gun from his pocket, putting the scientists on alert. "So go now, I'll hold them off for you."

Ennard looked at him in disbelief. "But why ...?"

The man thought for a moment, while the scientist before them drew his gun out as well. Then Thomas' smirk graced his face. "No particular reason, just want to annoy my 'brother' by obliterate one of his great teams."

"Mr Victor gave us permission! Shoot them now!"

"Go!"

Ennard grabbed Michael's wrist and immediately pulled Michael who was still frozen in place, making Michael startled and then ran from there. Gunfights started to be heard behind them, he had turned his head and found Thomas shooting them indifferently, even dodged easily with a bleeding shoulder because a bullet had hit him, but Thomas didn't fade his smirk at all. His face was filled with horror, before Ennard told him to keep looking ahead.

After that he no longer turned his gaze back and kept running.