EXTRA 14

-2018-

That fire.

He remembered clearly the fire that had started yesterday, bringing down the entire building rapidly. It was still seared in his memory, he was in his office when the fire broke out, he was in the arms of someone he missed.

How did he end up in his bed?

But was this really his room? He looked around, it was quite sunny outside. This didn't seem like his room at all, this wasn't his house. He exited quickly and stomped his feet on the steps to confirm. He headed out of the house and looked around with wide eyes; this house was the house they had lived in before, the house of the blonde woman. He still remembered it.

He returned to the house again and tried to calm down, not understanding anything. He was so sure he had decided to stay in the restaurant, he was so sure he had been burned too ...

... his reflection in the window stopped him from walking down the corridor.

He didn't even look like he was a corpse that had been rotting for more than thirty years. He looked like a human again, only with a quarter of the skin on his face rotting away, but it was more like a normal skin condition than the rot that used to hurt his whole body.

He was flabbergasted, what exactly happened? He didn't understand at all.

Michael exhaled tiredly, many questions in his mind. He rubbed his face in exasperation and tried to think more clearly. He could still feel his stomach empty. But with how he was suddenly here and how his body had suddenly returned to normal, it was really strange.

Then he felt the hairs on the back of his neck suddenly goosebumps, as if someone was staring intently at him. Michael turned his head and searched around, until his eyes met someone's who was standing outside the back fence.

He stared at her, he was sure his gaze was on her.

So Michael walked out of the house slowly, somewhat cautiously, wanting to know what the woman wanted. A straight black-haired woman dressed all in white, her gaze was warm towards him, making him feel as though he was in heaven and eternal peace.

"Hello, Michael."

Michael didn't even bother to think how she knew his name. "Hello ...?"

"Do you want to stay here or go with me?"

It was an odd question, Michael frowned at her in confusion and wonder. "Go ... where?"

Despite that, the smile she gave him made him feel at ease. "Go, to a peaceful place," the woman replied in a gentle tone.

His mind was racing again, he seemed interested in joining, but he was reluctant. He didn't know who the woman was, he didn't know her origins and he didn't even know her name. There was a part of him that told him he could trust her, but even so Michael was still reluctant. He turned to the house, the house that bore witness to his time together with Ennard.

Michael paused, a question arose. "Why am I here?" He believed she could answer it.

"You are in a place that makes you feel calm the most," the woman replied warmly, before she spread her hand out to him. "But there's a more comfortable place than here, do you want to come along?"

For a moment, Michael said nothing, he was astonished.

In the end Michael shook his head. "I want to stay." His voice was low, a little soft, as he stared at the house with a faint smile. Then he looked back at the woman, the smile still plastered on the face of the woman in the white dress.