Ch 68

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Yummy."

Lucy grinned at the brown-haired man's compliment when he tasted her soup. "I made the recipe myself!" Lucy said excitedly, before folding her arms on the table and looking at Michael with pleasure.

Michael knew he could no longer eat anything after Ennard scooped his internal organs, but for some reason his body was still able to digest fluids and with that he just depended on drinking. He had completely forgotten that soup was always liquid and he could eat it. This was a relief—Michael seemed to miss the taste of food.

"I really like it," Michael said again, still in awe of being able to try something edible. Lucy's soup did surprise him. "I don't want to eat any soup other than Lucy's."

The girl laughed loudly even though her cheeks blushed at Michael's words. "You praise me too much!" Lucy replied shyly while patting Michael on the shoulder hard while Michael was shovelling more soup into his mouth—Michael choked instantly. Lucy giggled innocently.

"But are you really sure to let me stay for a few days?" Michael asked hesitantly after that.

"Weren't you the first to ask?"

"Well, yeah ...."

The girl who also had brown hair but darker just smiled a little, she supported her chin casually. "It's okay, I'm glad to have someone with me anyway," Lucy replied, her smile widening. "It's great to have someone stay overnight!"

Michael didn't answer for a moment, then he nodded in understanding. His friends used to stay at his house often, then they would definitely scare the youngest. Michael grimaced silently. "Haven't you ever had a sleepover?"

There was no answer from Lucy for a few minutes, then Lucy took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "I tried asking Mary to stay over once," Lucy said quietly. "But she refused because she was afraid I would do something to her considering I'm a ..." Lucy shrugged her shoulders for a moment, "... lesbian."

Michael frowned, he snorted. "That's a stupid."

"I know, right? I also have standards."

"And your standards aren't as low as that girl that's for sure."

"I know!"

They both laughed together after that. Lucy watched Michael again spooning soup into his mouth full of pleasure with a meaningful look.

Michael suddenly raised his head. "Oh yeah, Lucy, don't you owe me an explanation?" Michael's eyes narrowed, Lucy suddenly stuttered—she had completely forgotten what she had to explain to the man.

"Actually ... actually there is—"

The two of them flinched at the same time as soon as a loud noise was heard from outside, it was as if someone had smashed the door with a bang.

Michael and Lucy exchanged glances. Lucy looked very worried while Michael was full of confusion. They just sat in silence for a few moments, hoping that it would stop whoever it was that was banging on the door loudly at night. However, their hopes were not fulfilled.

"I'll open it." Lucy got up from her seat, Michael immediately turned to her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, if necessary you should hide."