Ch 93

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Enn."

"This is the fourth time you called me but didn't tell me what you wanted to say, Afton. One more time you do that, I'll throw you all the way to the next room."

Michael pursed his lips hearing Ennard's reply, he leaned forward and stared intensely at Ennard who was sitting across from him. Ennard frowned at him before snorting, then lifted his book so that it covered his entire face. Michael stepped back again and leaned against the couch cushions. "Ennard."

"Oh my fucking god what?!"

"Are you planning on taking a walk or no?" Michael groaned, looking out the window longingly. "Tonight seems like the perfect night to get out—after all I'm stuck in this house like a prisoner! I can't stand it!"

"If you really want to go outside, then just fucking go!" Ennard gritted his teeth in exasperation.

The brown-haired man raised his eyebrows up, then he pouted. "You've been so irritable lately," Michael said as he put his feet up on the sofa. "Your patient used to be around this," Michael brought his palms together at close range, "but now it has become like this." Then Michael pushed his palms away as best as he could.

Ennard wanted to retort, his mouth already open to release a well-prepared swear word, but he held back and let out a heavy breath. Ennard pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly. "What do you want?"

Michael's wide grin instantly caught on. "Accompany me to Evan's grave!" Michael said excitedly, he stood up quickly and walked over to the table that was behind the couch Ennard was sitting on. Ennard glanced around and watched Michael pull a small bouquet of flowers from a drawer. "Just for a moment really!"

"Why don't you go there yourself?" Ennard rolled his eyes lazily. "Are you afraid of suddenly having a mental breakdown or afraid of suddenly meeting your brother's ghost?"

"Both," Michael replied casually.

After a moment of silence, Ennard couldn't help but stand up, causing Michael to jump happily in his place, and run quickly to the front door. He had no other choice but to comply with the wishes of the eldest Afton. He caught up with Michael who was wearing a tight coat, complete with a hat and a mask covering his face, not forgetting to wear an eyepatch. Ennard closed the door silently, then stepped towards Michael who was already far away from the house—that shortie was really fast.

They walked side by side with Michael who often talked about random things, he just listened, didn't intend to respond to any of Michael's words, Michael didn't seem to mind anyway. Due to the night time, there were few people out of the house, they weren't too worried. They decided to pass by Michael's house as well, after all the quickest way to the cemetery was through the alley.

"My father caught me sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night when I was thirteen."

Ennard's brow furrowed deeply. "What were you doing at that time anyway?"

"Being a delinquent." Michael giggled. "I didn't know he came home late, I thought he was already home when I've finished my tutor because I went straight to my room. But no, he came back almost at midnight and just as I was about to get my bike out of the garage. I was going to go to one of my friends' house, but because of that, my father gave me a detention and I couldn't go anywhere for a month."

"I still wonder how you can be blood related to that man."

"Hey," Michael said, offended by Ennard's response. However, he grinned widely. "I was always doing everything I can to get my father's attention, you know, and he turned his head to me only when I'm getting into trouble. It's so annoying."