Ch 98

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

They parted ways with Thomas at the convenience store as well, then walked back to the house they had lived before. Michael glanced sideways when they reached the house and was about to open the door, glaring at Ennard who kept his usual straight face. However, in truth he didn't escape noticing how excited Ennard was now, the man was just trying to look normal.

Michael suppressed an amused smile as he opened the door inward, then stepped aside slightly, letting Ennard enter first, whereupon Enanrd immediately preceded him. He followed behind after locking the door twice.

"It's a good thing nothing happened in this house, isn't it, Enn?" Michael said happily, looking at Ennard who was staring at a frame on the living room table.

"Yes," Ennard replied quietly, taking the frame carefully.

"I prefer the atmosphere in this house, if I can be honest." Michael approached Ennard to stare in the same direction, a gorgeous blonde woman. "It feels more comfortable than the house in mu hometown, even though there is a balcony that can make us see the sky more clearly." Michael's gaze softened, his fingers moving to brush the edge of the frame.

"I agree."

Michael turned to Ennard with raised eyebrows, he gave a small grin. "Usually you don't agree with anything I say," he said mischievously before giggling, Ennard gave a slight gasp. "It seems you really like this house, huh?"

A faint blush appeared on Ennard's face. "Maybe," he replied, putting the frame back in its original place with a sense of nervousness.

"If ...."

Ennard glanced at Michael when he heard Michael speak again in a lowered voice. Michael didn't look back, his eyes still focused on the photo, his smile still plastered on his face. "If it was finally over, all of this, we could still be in this house."

Ennard seemed taken aback by Michael's words, and soon Michael gave him a knowing look, his smile warm, as warm as the sensation he felt on his face.

"Do you want to live with me later, Enn?"

His heart was beating rapidly and he started to panic, feeling his face burn even more when he heard that, his brain seemed to stop working, his logic disappeared. The skyrocketing nervousness made him push Michael who was too close to him, making Michael dumbfounded at that while he looked away immediately, covering half of his face with his hand and pressing his lips together tightly.

"Ennard?" Michael tilted his head confusedly, not understanding why the man suddenly pushed him away. Ennard now turned his back on him, so he drew closer again. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine," Ennard said quickly, though his voice sounded a little shaky, his other hand holding his chest which was still pounding. "It is just—"

You were too adorable.

"—looks like the house is a bit dusty," he continued while laughing awkwardly. "I'm going to find a broom."

After that Ennard left Michael without saying anything else, while Michael frowned deeply at Ennard's behavior, before his lips formed a meaningful smile. Michael chuckled softly, his eyes shifted back to the frame. His Ennard looked so sweet.

Even so, he still had unfinished business in this city. Michael's smile widened, wondering how Mary was doing now.