Ch 49

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"It's finally finished!"

Michael looked happily at the illusion disc on the table, his smile wide. He had finished the disc in nearly two weeks, faster than the endoskeleton, which he was still putting off processing.

Excitedly, Michael grabbed the illusion disc and rushed out of the room to look for Ennard.

First, he headed for the kitchen, thinking that Ennard might be there with the sodas, but in fact the kitchen was empty. So, Michael headed to the backyard, sometimes Ennard would often spend time sitting under the tree that was there looking at the sky, but it was also empty. Michael went back into the house and into another room, maybe Ennard was sleeping.

"Where is she?" Michael muttered curiously when he saw that the room he entered was also empty, there was no sign of Ennard at all. Meanwhile he also didn't hear any movement from the vent, because if Ennard climbed the vent there would be a sound from his movement.

Looking for him in the living room was useless because Ennard wasn't there when he passed through the living room to the kitchen.

Michael frowned, wondering where Ennard was. There were still a few rooms he hadn't checked, but Ennard certainly wouldn't be in the bathroom. Home shed? Less likely, Michael thought to himself.

Michael suddenly thought of the attic, it seemed very possible Ennard was there right now. He rushed out of the room and up to the attic after pulling down the stairs to the attic. Michael glanced quickly through the piles of old cardboard, and only this time was he grateful that Ennard was too tall because he had caught Ennard's figure after five seconds of searching.

"Enn!" Michael called cheerfully, heading straight for Ennard who seemed to be looking at a photo, before turning the photo over before Michael reached his place.

Ennard glanced up. "What?"

"The illusion disc is done." Michael grinned, showing Ennard the disc enthusiastically. "Let's try it quickly!"

"Now?"

"Duh."

The animatronic hesitated for a moment, staring intently at the disc in Michael's hand. Then he looked at Michael who just smiled widely at him, impatient to see the results of his work. Ennard picked up the disc after a moment of silence, held it carefully like a shattered object and took another closer look at the disc.

Michael was impatient to see Ennard's change, he looked at Ennard who had an illusion disc attached to the back of his head. "Just close your eyes and imagine yourself in human form," Michael said. "You'd better imagine yourself shorter than me."

Michael's words made Ennard frown at him, then rolled his eyes in boredom as he snorted. Ennard closed his eyes after that according to what Michael said, and to be honest he didn't feel any change.

He opened his eyes, and found Michael's expression had turned disappointed.

Looks like the illusion disc failed.

If he had not had this strange feeling about the eldest Afton, he would have laughed and insulted him to the fullest. But he didn't say anything other than giving the illusion disc back to Michael.

Michael looked at the illusion disc in his hand with a frown.