Ch 92

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"What are you thinking about, Mike?"

Michael turned his head quickly, he didn't notice that Lucy was already sitting next to him in the dining room, he was too focused on staring out the window. "I'm only thinking about my siblings."

Lies.

He was thinking about Ennard who was next to this room, the animatronic who was now engrossed in examining at the fish Lucy had bought yesterday and put in the empty aquarium they had found in the storeroom. He was thinking about when Ennard went to the public park a few days ago, he was thinking about Ennard talking to his old friend back then. At first, he wanted to catch up with Ennard, then Mark came and he took no risks, deciding to stay hidden and watch them from a distance.

It was as if a strange feeling had rocketed up inside him like when he saw how Mary was talking to Ennard. He felt ... exasperated. Very irritated. His Ennard.

"Maybe later I'll visit Evan's grave for a bit," Michael said then smiled at Lucy, he stood up to boil some water. He prepared a cup, before he took coffee grounds and sugar from the cupboard. "You want to come too, Enn?"

"What for?"

He chuckled. "Didn't you tell me before to buy flowers and visit my brother's grave?"

Could be heard something falling in the next room, as if Ennard flabbergasted and accidentally dropped something there. Michael giggled. "That was almost a year ago!" Ennard replied loudly.

"Oh?" Michael raised an eyebrow and poured a few spoonfuls of sugar into the cup. "You sure have changed a lot, then."

"Rubbish."

"He's changed a lot," Lucy chimed in with a sweatdrop, Michael laughed. "Can I come with you?" she asked then curiously. Michael looked at her for a while as if he was impressed by her words, he nodded in agreement. Lucy smiled happily.

Once the water had boiled, Michael carefully poured the hot water into his cup. His eyes darted for a moment at the sound of footsteps entering the kitchen and caught Ennard now standing not far from them with—an expression that seemed sour, Ennard was in his original form he couldn't really read Ennard's expression as clearly as when he was in his human form. "You have something to talk about, Enn?" Michael said casually as he stirred his coffee.

"What?" Ennard tilted his head in confusion, his robotic blue eye stared at him intensely and he felt like his brain had problems thinking that animatronic was cute.

"You look as if you want to say something, but are waiting for the right time to say it." Michael turned and shrugged his shoulders, staring back at Ennard who looked away and seemed thoughtful. Michael at least hoped Ennard to say something related to Mark, but Ennard just shook his head. "In that case, okay then."

Then he himself will find out about it.