Ch 35

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

The second day.

He tried to think like Ennard and studied the blueprint all night because he couldn't fall asleep again. He studied each note and understood it, then studied the sketch.

Michael was quite surprised that he managed to understand the blueprint and was finally motivated to continue his little work.

Although maybe only twenty percent of the total, Michael seemed satisfied. It was likely that if he continued with it then it would be finished—probably—in three days. Three days then he no longer needed Ennard in his body to stop this decay. He had two or three weeks before his appearance completely turned into a corpse, but Michael was sure Ennard would wake up before then.

He placed his screwdriver next to the endoskeleton that was starting to form; arranged like a human rib, Michael finally understood how to make it work, and surprisingly it was easy. It seemed that Ennard was right that he was just a mere fool.

But compared to his father even more irritating than being called a fool.

Michael stood up and headed for the kitchen to make coffee. He filled the teapot with water before placing it on the stove that was already on, then he took a glass and a spoon. Michael was opening the top shelf of the kitchen, about to get some coffee and sugar, when one of his past memories suddenly flashed through his mind.

When he accidentally swapped sugar for salt, and Ennard ended up bullying him for over a week.

Very annoying.

Michael snorted, he wouldn't repeat the same mistake.

Waiting for the water to boil, the eldest Afton decided to clear the living room table which was full of tools and papers. He moved the endoskeleton to the center of the table, then put the tools into the utensil. While clearing the table, the clock ticked loudly and Michael sighed.

It feels so quiet.

Somehow he didn't like it. Wasn't this the state he had longed for?

Michael glanced at the room Ennard was using, the door wasn't completely closed but he subconsciously expected it to move open. Michael kept staring, and waiting, until he fell into his own thoughts; why did he want Ennard to wake up right away?

Then the logic came back.

"I? Want him to wake up soon?" Michael said in disbelief. "I? Want that damn bastard to finish charging? I?" His tone was both questioning and horrified. "You must be crazy, Michael. Yep, right. You're starting to lose your mind." He nodded his head as if very sure of his words.

Michael's enthusiasm resurfaced to complete the endoskeleton, the sooner he did it the sooner he would soon part with Ennard. That sounds like I want to break up with my boyfriend, Michael thought in horror.

Michael smiled widely and put his hands on his waist, he was going back to work after making coffee—

Coffee.

Right.

He forgot his coffee.

"SHIT—"