Ch 111

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Can't believe we're in this place again."

Ennard glanced at Michael who was grumbling beside him, they walked together along the pavement across the street. "There's nothing more we can do." He pulled Michael's jacket hood up to cover Michael's head even though Michael was already wearing a hat and mask.

Michael was still grumbling, he looked here and there warily, afraid that someone would recognize him (and lest they meet Mark again). They meandered to the right, past a public park. There weren't too many people during the day but considering today was still the start of a new week, they were all busy, which must have been a stroke of luck for him and Ennard.

The eldest Afton sighed tiredly, then he raised his head and flinched to see someone in the distance. He paused for a moment to make sure as he slowed his steps, then after being sure of what he saw, he immediately grabbed Ennard by the wrist and ran the way they had come quickly, full of panic, taking Ennard by surprise.

"Afton?" Ennard said confusedly, staring at Michael who was still pulling him and they were now walking in a completely opposite direction from the way they had been. Michael walked quickly while pulling the brim of his hat down. "What is it?"

"I saw an old friend of mine," Michael answered in a low voice, he stopped walking and Ennard stopped not far behind him. "Simon ...."

Ennard looked at Michael who lowered his eyes, then he glanced at him briefly. The red-haired man took a few steps in front of Michael, making them face to face. For a moment he was silent, then his hand moved—in the middle of the movement it stopped slightly and seemed doubtful. At first, he spread his hands, but he looked shy and in the end he just caressing the top of Michael's head slowly.

A small smile appeared on Michael's face, he lunged at Ennard with a hug after that and buried his face in Ennard's chest. Presumably Ennard gasped again and his cheeks flushed red, though he returned the hug nervously.

Michael lifted his head to stared at Ennard, before he glared around them. After a few moments of running, they were now behind a derelict-looking building, moss growing on the cracked walls. Michael let go of their embrace and looked at the building slowly, Ennard did the same thing though for a few moments he glanced at Michael. After a while, Michael looked away and took another tired sigh.

"Come on," he said as he walked away. "I don't want to linger around this restaurant. Leaving those animatronics aside, this place gives me a weird and creepy vibes." Michael shivered for a moment. "Like someone is always fixing their eyes over me."

Deciding to agree with Michael's words, Ennard nodded and followed where Michael had gone. They seemed to have run too far to come to this restaurant.

Michael showed him short and narrow walks to speed up the journey; shortcut. He wasn't too surprised that Michael knew about so many breakthroughs in this city, from what he remembered in Michael's story, the eldest Afton really liked to roam around every day until night, he was really an unmanageable delinquent. So, he entrusted the direction of their path to Michael. They didn't talk much this time, Michael didn't seem to be in mood to chatter every second.

They walked for at least half an hour. They chose a detour from the hospital as well as Michael's house in case they didn't bump into Mark. It wasn't long before they finally saw a house they recognized and shared a few months with Lucy.

After he opened the gate, Michael entered impatiently and darted toward the front door, he was only catching up with him quietly. They went inside, Ennard closed the door tightly and followed Michael into the kitchen—probably Michael was looking for Lucy because they couldn't find anyone when they looked into the living room. However, the kitchen was also empty. Michael frowned and immediately went to the second floor to find the girl, this time he didn't follow Michael.

Ennard stared around, paying attention to the items and furniture that were there. He realized something, their position slightly changed. He went to the bathroom on the first floor first, the door was closed. Ennard knocked briefly, but there was no response, so he went inside; still no sign of Lucy. Ennard knit his brows in confusion, then walked out of there.

He could hear Michael calling for Lucy upstairs, he thought for a moment what he should do, there was one more place they hadn't checked yet. Ennard headed into the kitchen one more time and opened the door that led to the backyard.

Ennard raised an eyebrow, he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the doorframe. "Dawson."

"Ah—Ennard! Since when were you there?"

"And since when did you become a farmer?"

The girl shot him an annoyed look. "I just planted some flowers." Then Lucy came up to him with a big smile after putting down a pot. "How are you? And where's Michael?"

Ennard shrugged, then he stepped aside at the sound of footsteps.

"Lu!"

Lucy screamed in surprise as Michael lunged at her with a hug, sending them both tumbling backwards. "Mike—why did you do that—you know, whatever, I miss you too, Mike." Lucy patted Michael's head fondly, before Ennard pulled Michael up and separated them. Lucy pouted. "Geez, you are so easy to get jealous now."

Ennard ignored her.

"Lucy!" Michael called again excitedly. "Lucy!"

"I'm here Michael." Lucy heaved a sigh of relief and stood up, before she was startled again Michael hugged her back, making her laugh. "Come on, just get over his hug, your boyfriend looks like he wants to kill me now."

"Fuck you, Dawson."

"No," Lucy tapped Michael on the shoulder before pushing Michael towards Ennard—Ennard quickly caught Michael by holding both of his shoulders, "fuck him."

Ennard and Michael's face immediately turned completely red, they stared at each other briefly before moving away from each other as far as possible.

"By the way." Lucy gave a sweet smile. "You guys want some soup? I just made it this morning, I can warm it up for you."

"Soup!"

"I've got chocolate milk for you too, Michael."

"Yay."

"And a trashcan for you, Ennard."

"This is why God created the middle finger."