Ch 120

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Ennard eyed the rows of books in Henry's cupboard intently while the man was working on something on the sofa behind him. Then he glanced at the wall clock to check the time, after which he looked back at the bookcase in front of him, then at the door of the house.

Michael was gone too long just to buy some soda.

"What's wrong, Ennard? Something bothering you?" Henry's question made him turned his head quickly, he blinked in confusion. Henry stared back to him. "Your engine is screeching loudly, what are you worried about? Michael?"

He didn't even notice it—or did Henry have good hearing? He turned his face away. "Afton haven't come back."

"Maybe he's walking around for a fresh air for a bit," Henry said. "He can protect himself."

"That's not what I was afraid of ... never mind." Ennard walked over to the table and picked up his illusion disc which was being charged. He could feel Henry's gaze on him in amusement as he put the illusion disc to the back of his neck in hurry, then transformed into humanoid form. "I'll just catch up with him."

"For an animatronic with advanced A.I, you're quite considerate." Henry went back to focusing on the blueprints in front of him, Ennard glanced at him briefly. "And quite human, you're sure there's no soul possessing you?"

Ennard gasped at that, he froze in place and his tongue went numb. He didn't know what to do, or what to say, Henry's words took him by surprise.

"Well, maybe that sounds preposterous to you." Henry then laughed, he glared at Henry doubtfully. "But knowing what William had done ... sometimes I think even the most impossible thing can happen." The man's gaze dimmed for a moment, before warming up to look at him again. "There used to be a kid who really looked up to you while we were still working on your project before stopping, he was really excited to help us out." He smiled. "Who knows what happened to him, William and I have no idea at all."

"Maybe he left to far place." That was all he could say, Ennard tried not to make eye contact with Henry at all, his forehead furrowed.

"Possible." He sighed. "Anyway, hurry and go, sorry for holding you back with my story." Henry chuckled.

Ennard didn't reply anything but nodded, he quickly headed to the door of the house and got out of there, closing the door tightly. Henry's story was enough to frighten him, afraid that Henry would find out the truth. He couldn't underestimate the man, Henry almost got him caught—had Henry done that on purpose? He didn't know, he didn't intend to know. His past was a disease for him.

He walked down a quiet street while looking here and there, searching for the whereabouts of his lover. Considering that Henry said that it could be that the purple-eyed man was out for a walk as well, then the park was a good place to start.

He went towards the public park, there weren't many people there as the time had turned to night. He thought again about Henry's words, now he was quite curious what Henry thought when he found out he had suddenly disappeared. His former mentor ... he was a little confused. Henry said they both didn't know where the kid had gone.

Why didn't William know when he was the one who shot him?

This was confusing, maybe Michael's father was just pretending not to know. It was the biggest possibility ever. He exhaled slowly, finally pushing back the thoughts of the past.