EXTRA 15

-30th December, 2018-

"How did you break your illusion disc again this month?" Michael asked incomprehensibly as he unscrewed the disk with a screwdriver while Ennard stood beside him with a look of guilt that was obvious even in his animatronic form.

"I don't know, it broke suddenly." Ennard glanced sideways briefly.

Michael sighed, before he stood up and stepped behind Ennard as he dragged his chair, opening the disc insertion case in Ennard's neck after he climbed into the chair. He used his phone's flashlight to shine a light on Ennard's neck and immediately found the source of the problem. "Turns out the illusion disc is the problem," he laughed to himself, Ennard frowned. "This is an old disk that doesn't fit into the mounting brackets on your new system, I'll make a new one for you." Michael patted Ennard on the shoulder briefly before jumping down. "You can go now," he shooed away after that.

The animatronic frowned even more hearing Michael shoo him out of their basement, but he did as Michael said, he quickly left the basement and Michael alone.

The eldest Afton glanced to make sure his lover was really gone, then he smiled faintly and headed to the nearest shelf, pulled out a folder and chose the empty discs he had prepared as backup illusion discs in case something like this happened. He only needed to modify them to match Ennard's installation site, considering they only suited him.

He returned to his desk and pulled up a chair to sit down, placing the disc on the table. Michael paused for a moment, took a deep breath, his chest thumping though not literally ... he had another surprise in store for Ennard.

Michael opened a desk drawer, took out a small box in there that he had kept for a long time.

A golden ring.

-EC-

"I wonder how you came to my house with ... that look." Henry stared at Ennard up and down in confusion—Ennard was in his animatronic form, and even though their houses weren't far apart now considering that Henry had moved to the same town as them, he still didn't understand. "How come?"

"I have my own way," Ennard replied, not in the least intending to say how he walked in daylight in his animatronic form around this neighborhood.

He took a step to look at the photos that were displayed on the walls and hallways of the man's house. They were all photos of Henry with his daughter. There were still a few boxes in Henry's house, seeing as it hadn't been long since Henry moved here and hadn't had time to tidy things up. Ennard stopped walking to look at the frame on the table against the wall, it was a photo of Henry with his ... mentor. Beside it was the young Afton siblings and Henry's daughter.

"You must've known William before, right?"

Henry's words caught his attention, he didn't know since when Henry had teleported beside him. "Not quite," he replied slowly.

"I can sense you're lying." Henry smiled at him.

Ennard was silent for a moment as he looked closely at Henry, then he snorted. "Seems like dying in that fire made you an angel who can detect lies now, huh?"

The light brown-haired man laughed. "I only know when someone is lying." He chuckled briefly, before he went over to his desk in the living room and pulled open a drawer, pulling out a small box before tossing it to Ennard. Ennard caught it perfectly. "Your ring," Henry said with a faint smile. "Congratulations, by the way."

"I haven't even done that yet." Ennard was silent for a moment, his glare fixated at the box in his hand. "Do you think he will accept it?" The sound of laughter from Henry made him turn around, Henry seemed intrigued by his question. "What?"