EXTRA 13

-2018, 6th Night-

Michael shut down his computer as the fire starts to spread all over the place, he could hear his sister's voice before Henry cut her off and began to spoke. Michael was still sitting in his chair, staring at the black screen of the computer as the vents on either side of him began to close. The air in the room was getting hotter, but there was no intention from him to leave at all.

He had accepted his fate.

From the incident that happened to his brother, then his sister, his father, himself. All the journeys he had been on through these decades. Many things had happened, many lessons had been learned from all of this. Michael smiled behind his mask, the fire started to grow and this office looked like it will collapse at any moment, it was just a matter of waiting. He comforted himself amidst the hot embers, still listening quietly to Henry's speech.

Listening to how Henry said that this was just a trap for them, a labyrinth with no exits. That this was the end of their story.

"... And to you, my brave volunteer, who somehow found this job listing was not intended for you, although there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are right where you want to be. I am remaining as well. I am nearby ..."

He knew, he knew very well that the man wouldn't leave this place either. He felt at ease, he felt at peace. The blazing fire made him feel at bliss, there was no fear.

This was the end of everything, after all.

Then he heard the sound of metal being broken to his left, he discovered how the animatronic was holding its airway open so he could enter. Michael kept looking, and watched how Molten Freddy was crawling across the burning ceiling, engulfed in flames. Molten Freddy stopped after that, his orange eye staring back at him intensely.

He recalled the few nights he had spent in this place after the second night, Molten Freddy didn't try to terrorize him anymore. Perhaps only the sound of laughter echoed, but he never tried to approach him, only watched him from afar as he flashed his flashlight right and left.

He knew, that Molten Freddy knew.

They still stared at each other, not caring about how this place melted. He still heard Henry's speech, this time about his father, then his daughter, but his mind was on the animatronic above him. His hand rose, reached Molten Freddy's face and stroked his mask gently. Molten Freddy said nothing but glared at him closely, although he tilted his head slightly and let him run his hand over his mask more freely.

"... It's time to rest. For you, and those you have carried in your arms. This ends, for all of us. End communication."

Michael stared at Molten Freddy dearly, before his gaze turned bitter. He lowered his hand and glanced the other way, as Molten Freddy began to make his way from the ceiling to the floor, standing directly in front of him. He still felt at ease, but at the same time he wasn't. Michael looked up again as he felt a wire touch his face gently.

He smiled again behind his mask, a sad smile. "Ennard," he whispered softly, the longing in his voice was obvious.

No one else spoke after that, the two of them just locked gazes at each other as the ceiling collapsed around them. Molten Freddy wrapped his massive body around Michael, as if to protect him from the rubble.

Michael lowered his gaze again, letting the animatronic that was made up of the wired unit embraced him. A low chuckle could be heard from him. After that, Michael looked at Molten Freddy one more time. "You always said not to get attached to the past, to leave it behind," he said in a low, hoarse voice, as if his voice might disappear at any moment. "But look at us now." Michael chuckled again.

"You were never my past, Michael."

Those words took Michael by surprise as he widened his eyes. Molten Freddy brought him close to his face and their foreheads against each other. "You will always be my present and my future."

He was stunned, then his soul seemed to be filled with peace.

No more words were spoken between them, only embracing each other with the same longing. The old feelings never faded.

The fire started to tear down the building, but they stayed.

It's time for them to rest.

The Bondजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें