Ch 116

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Exactly like what I imagined."

"What did you imagine?"

"Their secret base is like in a fictional movie; old warehouse that looks unused and far away from public!"

Ennard looked at the man next to him with a sweatdrop. "You read too much fiction." Ennard grabbed the binoculars held by Michael to see the building Michael was talking about; the headquarters of the scientists. They were standing quite far from the place, of course so that their people wouldn't know where the two of them were now.

Today was the day they'd be doing something pretty big—quite thrilling, but trusting it to the police wasn't going to work. The police were too slow and they were already concerned about Lucy. Henry had contacted the agency, they discussed it with one of the leaders in charge of the area near where they lived. They were asked to wait since they were leaving first, then Henry would come with government officials to arrest these people.

In short, they were a distraction.

He glanced at Michael who—seemed like he was lost in thought, his gaze somewhat blank. "Hey," he said while lightly shaking Michael's small shoulder, making the man slightly startled. "Stay close to me later."

"Why? You're worried about me?" Michael smirked a grin and nudged his boyriend playfully.

"Yes, I'm worried that you would act rashly and hurt yourself."

Michael was a little astonished to hear that, moreover Ennard said it seriously even without looking at him at all. He felt his cheeks heat up, then looked away quickly. He didn't really expect that answer, he had to get used to this—they were already in an intense relationship, sometimes he forgot about it and sometimes he still couldn't believe the reality.

"We've been here for almost two hours," he said, trying not to get nervous. "What are we waiting for exactly?"

"Me."

The voice sounded familiar, they looked back only to find a blonde-haired man stepping towards them with a faint smile, slightly waving his hand.

Michael stared in disbelief, his eyes widening. "Thomas!" he said excitedly, Ennard's expression turned sour. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm a free agent and I've worked for this agency for over a decade, so I'm immediately assigned here because this case is a bit ... dangerous." Thomas maintained his smile. "Absolutely not forcing my leader to put me in destroying this laboratory, yep."

Ennard gave him a skeptical look, then rolled his eyes in boredom and snorted.

"This grumpy one hasn't changed, huh."

"Yes."

"I can hear you."

Thomas chuckled, then squinted at the front—the old building. He glanced to the right and left as he pulled out a walkie talkie from his pocket. "Nereid squad, cripple and hack their system, open the main gate. Dione squad, alert at their weak point, take down all the guards. Miranda squad heads north to open an escape route if the plan doesn't work. Our goal is to rescue Miss Dawson, anyone who gets in your way, get rid of them all."

Glancing back, the two of them just realized that there were several people hidden there who also had communication devices in their ears or collars, listening intently to what Thomas was talking about. Then they dispersed quickly, mingling with the common people who had no idea of their current ambush.