Ch 10

"Bold."/"Bold." : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Damn it.

Michael kicked the gravel hard, annoyed that his first place to apply for a job turned out to be bullshit. Assholes, givers of false hope! Bastard! Michael cursed desperately in his heart.

"Huh, even bad luck on the first try."

"Shut your mouth, Ennard."

"It's closed."

The afton groaned in annoyance, pulling his brown mane in frustration without noticing people looking at him strangely. Then he calmed himself down, there was still a place or two more to go so he should be fine.

At least for now.

He would go back to looking for a job that was still free if the day turned out to be a waste of time, Michael sighed tiredly.

Michael strode in a bit, he wanted to apply for a job and then work, and get paid—he couldn't wait to get on with the endoskeleton. However, due to his limited tools, Michael would assemble the other parts first (without Ennard bothering him).

Checking the map in hand, Michael could see that the job opening was not far away, so Michael ran—Ennard didn't really like it when he was running but who cares?

Michael's smile broke for a few seconds only to fade in the blink of an eye; the place is closed.

"Closed? Too bad."

"Shut up."

Michael wanted to explode—well that sounded very dramatic. Why the hell, Michael grumbled in his heart. Rubbing the back of his head gently, he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Don't be discouraged, there's still one place left.

"Let's give up."

"I said shut up."

The last place is a cafe. Michael has no problem serving customers and taking orders, or being a cashier because the kitchen is not his forte. He just hoped to pass the interview smoothly and without any obstacles. Michael prayed silently.

The road to the cafe was a little odd, Michael did not understand why he had to go through a narrow and stuffy alley first.

Or maybe he took the wrong path.

Michael felt an uneasy feeling, he stepped faster and looked back a few times to make sure something wasn't following him. He could hear Ennard calling him a loser in his mind.

"Hey Coward, take a look."

"Oh please, what do you want now—"

Michael should have listened to Ennard's words. Hitting the wall wasn't fun at all.

Ennard's laughter sounded very satisfied.

Asshole.

Michael groaned in pain rubbing his forehead and swearing incessantly in his heart. The throbbing sensation hurting his head, complemented by Ennard's voice laughing at him sounded very annoying.

"Oh hey—are you all right?"

The Afton gasped, almost jumping in surprise when the question suddenly popped up without him noticing someone was approaching. Michael hoped the man had not witnessed this embarrassing incident.