Ch 107

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Michael opened his eyes slowly after the morning sunlight came into the room. He didn't move from his position after fully awakening, still feeling lazy to get up and maybe make some coffee later, his face still buried in the pillow. Even so he felt the presence of someone in the bed—which was a little strange, he always slept alone. Michael moved his head slightly, peeking sideways.

A red-haired, tan-skinned man with a body much larger than his, a quarter iron-toned face with a pair of eyes closed was lying next to him.

It was only Ennard.

Michael yawned and looked the other way, he pulled the blanket up to cover his upper body which was—naked?

His eyes were completely open and he pushed aside the covers in panic; he was pretty sure he slept in a short-sleeved shirt last night, but his shirt was now on the floor. He turned to the side in horror, looking at Ennard who still had his eyes closed—Ennard was still wearing his usual clothes. What did they do last night? He didn't remember anything other than Ennard saying he liked him and him saying he felt the same way.

"Before you assume anything weird, no, we didn't have sex."

Michael blinked in surprise, looked at Ennard who looked back at him boredly, before turning his back to face Michael and yawning widely. "Then—then what happened?" Michael frowned deeply as he reached for his shirt. "You didn't do anything to me, did you?"

"Insolent. You think I'm a pervert like you?"

"Hey! I'm not a pervert!"

There was no response from Ennard other than a snort, after which Ennard went to sit on the edge of the bed while rubbing his face. "I changed your bandages last night while you were sleeping," Ennard said with a sigh, he glanced at Michael who was looking at his stomach. "That chase might have hurt you but you don't realize it at all."

The purple-eyed man looked impressed, then he stared down at his shirt—there were indeed bloodstains seeping there. "But you noticed." Michael turned his gaze to Ennard and smiled broadly. "You really care, I like you so much."

He could see how Ennard's cheeks flushed violently after that. So what happened yesterday wasn't just a dream, but reality. The reality was too pleasant when compared with his miserable life. He had often teased the animatronic as a joke indeed, but hearing that Ennard liked him was the last thing he expected to happen. Maybe A.I seemed to be able to develop genuine feelings like humans.

Michael jumped out of bed and immediately followed Ennard out of the room into the kitchen. He watched as Ennard took a cold can of soda from the refrigerator, then he sat down after pulling a chair from the dining table.

"By the way," Ennard said, looking out the window, which he was looking in the same direction with. "Some people heard the gunshots yesterday and they called the police, now they are investigating it." Ennard turned his head and stared at him fixedly. "Those scientists are stupid as fuck, they're too obsessed to not think about the consequences and risks they cause. What a bunch of morons."

"So basically we're at least safe for now?"

"Yes."

"Good."

It was quiet and still, no one spoke at all. Ennard was busy with his soda, while Michael was busy playing with his own fingers. They were lost in their own thoughts, but thought the same thing; their feelings.

After what happened, now what?

It was awkward. Ennard was still debating whether this was the right decision or not, whether he should change his mind and let his logic take over that Michael shouldn't like someone who killed him, while his heart told him that only Michael could give him what he wanted. Affection? Love? From someone who reminded him of his past self? Ennard doubted whether they could really be together?

While Michael on the other hand, he was happy.

Maybe he was too desperate to get what he always wanted that his mind was no longer working rationally. Maybe his self of five years ago would have screamed at him and choked him for falling for their killer. Maybe he did lose his mind and let his selfishness take over. It was just that it felt really pleasant to have someone like Ennard.

"Ennard." He moved his head to look at Ennard. "Do you really like me?"

"Yes ... why?"

Michael raised his eyebrows and lowered his gaze, a smile plastered on his face. "That's weird," he said quietly. "I still believe we still hated each other yesterday, and I think I'm crazy for liking you now."

Ennard drank his soda down to the last gulp and set the can down on the counter before approaching Michael. "We're both crazy," he whispered, while Michael chuckled softly. "Then, what now? What do you want to do? I will only follow your decision, Afton."

"Michael," Michael corrected, Ennard wasn't the least bit impressed. Michael flashed a thin grin. "I don't think I want to do anything else but be with you."

For a moment, Ennard was stunned, staring at Michael who still gave him a sweet smile, making his feelings warm. "You look beautiful today."

There were no words other than happy laughter, this morning was closed with a sweet kiss.