Ch 52

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Ennard!"

"What?"

"Let's go shopping or I'll confiscate your soda."

Long story short, that's how he now ends up at the supermarket with Michael.

Ennard lazily looked at Michael who was busy picking out the array of snacks. This was the first time he had stepped out of the house using an illusion disc. Michael had to fix it so that the wires that were still sticking out of his body when in human form could also be removed, although the iron streak on his face was still there but he could cover it with his bangs.

"Do you really have to make me try all the food?" Ennard asked Michael boredly. "Yesterday you made me eat sandwiches."

"Sandwiches aren't enough," Michael replied as he waved his hand, he didn't look at Ennard at all. "You should try other foods to have more variety on your tongue!" he continued excitedly, finally turning to Ennard with a broad smile.

It seemed that Michael was more enthusiastic than Ennard about Ennard's transformation than Ennard himself.

"You'll spend your money on it."

"Lucy said I was given one chance to take anything without paying for helping them a few weeks ago." Michael grinned happily, then put a packet of potato chips into the basket.

Ennard looked at Michael with furrowed brows, then let out a small breath; it seemed he had no choice but to comply with the eldest Afton's wish.

"Besides now I can't eat either, so it will be your job to represent me in eating something."

Ennard immediately shifted his attention from the refrigerator across the snack rack to Michael as soon as Michael said this. Ennard's lips parted slightly, he was momentarily astonished. Michael looked relaxed and didn't really heed what he said earlier, but Ennard lowered his gaze silently as his brow furrowed deeply.

This was the first time out of the many people he had killed, he felt guilty towards Michael.

"Benedict I—"

"Oh, Ennard, look! Jelly!" Michael interrupted his words excitedly while showing him a packet of jelly. "You should try this too," he said, then put the jelly in the basket.

Ennard raised his eyebrows, he just nodded. After that Ennard took a small breath. "Benedict—"

However, Michael interrupted him again. "There's a sponge cake too." Michael stared at the cake display beside the snack rack with sparkling eyes. "Cheese or chocolate flavour, hmm. Which do you prefer, Enn?" He glanced at the animatronic for a moment. "Or we can just buy the basic ingredients for the pancakes ... I can make them for you."

"That's up to you," Ennard replied with a sigh. "Afton, listen—"

"They added yogurt here!"

Ennard looked at Michael who for the third time cut off his words and pulled himself up to look at the contents of the supermarket refrigerator in disbelief. "Af—"

"Ooh look at the pudding—"

"Michael!"

Michael blinked in surprise and looked at Ennard in confusion after hearing Ennard say his first name for the first time. Even so Ennard looked irritated, he tilted his head curiously.