EXTRA 4

-2000-

Michael waved briefly at Henry before closing the door, then stepped into the living room and placed the parcel Henry had given him on the table. He exhaled slowly and threw himself on the sofa, then his grunt was faintly heard because his face was hidden in the sofa cushions.

"What is it? Anything new from Emily?"

"No." Michael corrected his position and the first thing he saw was Ennard leaning over to look at him. "Even Uncle Henry gave up on solving the animatronic issues, let alone me."

"Then what did he give you?" Ennard ran the cord toward the parcel. "Birthday gift? Your birthday was a month ago."

The eldest Afton shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe just coffee or milk, or some food for you."

He watched as Ennard quickly opened the parcel—his guess was right; Henry gave him some drinkable things for him, and foods for Ennard. That man really cared for them. He averted his eyes boredly and grabbed the comic book that was on the table, then opened it. His intention was to read while relaxing, but then Ennard's wires forced him to sit up.

Ennard glanced. "Don't read while lying down."

"Why are you always nagging," Michael grumbled again. "It's not a big problem!"

"You're already blind in one eye, you want to make your other eye broken too?"

"You're so cruel."

"Thank you."

Michael puffed out his cheeks in annoyance, the intention to read had vanished so he returned the comic to its original place. He looked at Ennard who didn't say anything after that, his eyebrows pulled up to find Ennard staring at something on the paper he was holding.

The brown-haired man stood up on the sofa to be level with Ennard's height and stared in the same direction. "What's that?"

"Endo to support the human body." Ennard snorted, Michael frowned deeply. He gave the blueprints to Michael so he could see it clearly. "Your old blueprint."

Realizing that, Michael's face turned sour thinking back to the time when they were still enemies. "I'll throw it away, I don't need it anyways."

He was about to crumple up the blueprint but Ennard held his hand, making him look at him in confusion. "Give it to me."

"Why? What for? What are you going to do with this?"

"I just want to learn it again." Ennard changed to his human form and immediately took the paper back from Michael. He smiled slightly at the sketches and notes, until he felt Michael's gaze fixate on him. He turned to Michael. "What?"

Michael's frown deepened. "You're not going to do anything, are you?"

Ennard raised his eyebrows upwards. "Of course not, why do you think like that? You're afraid I'll continue this and replace myself?"

Michael didn't answer.

"Mike." Ennard exhaled slowly and took Michael's hand in his. "Even if I continue this, I won't just leave you like that."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

He seems like a really good liar indeed.