Ch 118

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"You didn't change or modify it, right?"

"No, haha. Why are you so worried about that?"

"Because he made it himself and I love it."

Michael stuck his head around the stairs leading to the basement in confusion, he was just about to look for Henry and Ennard as he couldn't find them anywhere, then the conversation caught his attention when he opened the door at the bottom of the stairs. He immediately went inside and headed to Henry's private study—the two of them were indeed there, Henry was inserting Ennard's illusion disc from behind.

His arrival was straight away being noticed by the animatronic, Henry also turned at him shortly after. "Oh, hello Mike." Henry smiled at him. "You slept long enough, almost all day."

His cheeks heated up at Henry's teasing. "I'm just—tired." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously; crying all day took a lot of energy. There was still a lingering feeling of mourning in him, he felt he would never be able to shake off this guilt towards Lucy forever. "What are you doing?"

"I checked the illusion disc again," Henry replied while pointing at Ennard who had changed to his humanoid form. "He was really concerned that I would modify it because it was made by you just for him."

Ennard's face blushed instantly. "Emily!"

There was no reply from Michael other than his cheeks flushed red hearing that—he didn't expect Ennard to love that illusion disc so much despite it failed several times.

Henry chuckled softly, before he lowered his gaze and smiled warmly. "I saw how the disc worked, you did great Mike" he said as he patted Michael on the shoulder. "Your creation reminds me of someone ..."

"My father?"

"No." Henry shook his head, Michael was taken aback; not him? "William had always been good at creating animatronics, but even mine and his have their differences. That disc reminds me of someone else."

Michael raised his eyebrows in interest, Ennard flinched briefly.

"By the way," Henry said, glancing Ennard up and down, "you are William's creation. There's an interfering system in it, I can't delete that system. William always put quite complicated codes, the program I can't get rid of and I'm afraid it will affect you eventually. You're just an A.I, you can change at any moment if there's even the slightest damage and error from the program." Henry stared after Michael worriedly, his expression as if to confirm whether Michael was really sure about his choice.

"Don't underestimate Ennard, Uncle," Michael replied with a determined smile. "I can handle it if it happens later."

"But I'm the one who doubts that."

"Hey!" Michael puffed out his cheeks at Ennard's reply.

Ennard snorted softly and rolled his eyes in boredom, he folded his arms across his chest. "No need to worry, I can handle such a trivial matter," he said to Henry, although he couldn't help but be somewhat irritated by Henry's words. "I've been active for more than five years, I've never had an error," he continued. After all that I've tamed program since I died, Ennard glanced at Michael briefly.

Shortly after that, her gaze landed on Henry again. The Emily looked back at him, he glanced at Michael for a moment and Henry pressed his lips together, then exhaled while pinching the bridge of his nose tiredly.