Ch 79

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Ennard opened the hospital room door slowly, then walked in silently. He pushed aside the curtains surrounding Lucy's ward only to find Lucy sitting on the edge of the bed with her watch on her wrist. A bag lay at the foot of the hospital table.

"Are you ready?" Ennard folded his arms across his chest, looked at Lucy who nodded.

Lucy stared back at him, then raised her eyebrows. "Where's Michael?"

"At home." With a hand gesture Ennard indicated that Lucy should hurry up, at which point Lucy jumped down from the hospital ward and grabbed her bag; today was the day she was allowed to go home. "It's dangerous if he comes along, also to avoid meeting Halberg by accident."

Hearing the continuation of the answer from the red-haired man, Lucy closed her mouth in understanding and nodded. After what happened back then in her room, it seemed like Mark had asked another doctor to treat her—to be honest, Lucy might have felt awkward too if Mark had remained the doctor who was in charge of her.

However, that finally made her remember the argument between Michael and Mark. Regarding Michael's brother. Her curiosity still lingered in her, she wanted to ask every time Michael visited her at the hospital, but she didn't have the heart to ask it—Michael had been looking stressed lately.

Lucy glanced at Ennard who stepped beside her, maybe Ennard knew what was going on.

"Hey, Ennard."

Lucy was now used to Ennard who only glanced at her without saying anything and then glanced away without giving a reply.

She could have sworn Ennard was much warmer and more open only when Michael was around.

"Do you know about what happened to Evan?"

"Kind of."

"Can you tell me?"

"No."

The girl's forehead wrinkled, she tilted her head. "Why not?" she asked confusedly.

Ennard narrowed his eyes for a moment, then the two different colored eyes rolled the other way. "Ask Afton yourself," he said in an even tone. "I have no right to tell about events that left painful memories for him, besides he never gave me permission to tell you sensitive things about him."

Lucy seemed impressed with Ennard's answer. "For a killer robot, you really respect other people's privacy."

"Animatronic."

"It's the same."

"You want me to stuff a sock in your mouth to shut you up?"

She giggled. "You're so salty about that. Aren't robots and animatronics the same thing? Both machines, right. But you're equipped with an AI though, however you're too human after all! From the way you express yourself, speak, to your body gestures that aren't too stiff."

"Looks like I have to buy a book first."

Lucy's eyebrows pulled up. "What book?"

"A good way to talk to a mentally retarded person."

"Hey!"

-EC-

She just opened the door, and it wasn't even five seconds before the door opened and Michael had ambushed her with a tight hug until they both fell backwards from Michael's crashing force. Ennard took a few steps away from them with a deep frown, his eyes as if to say that the two of them were freaks, and Ennard stepped inside in a nonchalant manner.