Ch 30

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"Quite good."

Michael's eyes lit up with delight at Ennard's words to another blueprint he had just created based on an old blueprint. "Then I thought I might as well add a new skeleton in here to make the base even stronger to support the human interior," Michael said enthusiastically, circling a section of the blueprint.

Ennard didn't respond for a while, Michael was a little worried that his idea wouldn't work. However, in fact Ennard wasn't looking at the blueprint, but at himself.

Michael was starting to get nervous, before he could speak again, Ennard snorted. "You learn fast." He could hear Ennard's muttering as Ennard looked away from him. "But you will need more spare parts for that." Ennard's wire touched the part he circled.

"Is that so?" Michael furrowed his brows in disappointment. "The money you stole was only enough to buy two cans of soda."

"Pathetic."

"Right?"

Desperately Michael exhaled.

Suddenly there was a sound of metal being forcibly removed from its main part, Michael blinked in surprise when he saw Ennard put a spare part in front of him. He turned to Ennard, and Ennard looked back at him without any expression. Michael tilted his head in confusion.

"Use that."

"Where did you ..."

"That's mine."

Michael widened his eyes. "What—you mean you just ... dismantled yourself ...?" Michael's voice grew slower, Ennard narrowed his eyes at him. "For me?"

"Don't be too confident," Ennard rolled his eyes boredly as he turned around. "That's because I want to see the result of your investment. To support the human body? It's ridiculous. Revise your blueprints."

For a moment Michael was flabbergasted. Even if this worked, didn't Ennard know that he would no longer need him to stop the rot?

Ennard started to walk away from there, and Michael started to panic. He rose to his feet then immediately followed Ennard. "Wait—you don't have to do this! I could buy a new one instead of using—using your junk," Michael said sharply, but Ennard didn't even seem bothered by the sneer that slipped his lips.

"Then how did you buy it?" Ennard asked while glancing out of the corner of his eye.

"Working!" Michael answered quickly.

"And end up like that Alice girl again? The possibilities are high. You're not even good at your own job."

"Lie! I'm not like that," Michael replied irritated, he grabbed Ennard's hand to stop him but Ennard kept walking. "Besides, by working I can buy a lot at once!"

Ennard stopped, Michael bumped into his back. "I can give you everything right now," Ennard said. "Without having to wait, without having to work." He moved his hand towards his neck, and Michael realized what Ennard was about to do—Michael immediately held the arm desperately even though his strength was outnumbered considering Ennard was an animatronic. "What?"

"I don't need spare parts from you," Michael growled angrily. "I will work on buying a new one, soon!" he said steadily, then pointed at Ennard with his index finger. "We will see! I may need your help teaching me to build an endoskeleton, but I don't need your mercy in material!"

Ennard looked as if he was frowning, he was sweatdropping. "Are you rambling or what?" he asked confusedly, wouldn't it be easier if he gave his spare parts than the Afton bought it?

"Just see!" Michael insisted, puffed out his cheeks in annoyance and immediately headed back into the living room to focus on fixing the blueprints.

And Ennard?

He could no longer understand Michael's way of thinking.