Ch 77

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

"I'm a little suspicious why Mary suddenly called Alice to come to that city," Lucy said before feeding a piece of pear peeled by Michael at the side of the hospital ward. "Isn't that weird, Mike?"

Michael muttered incoherently and continued peeling the fruit he had brought for Lucy. He had assumed that his coming to see the black-haired girl after the earthquake was the reason why Mary had called Alice over. He was being reckless, Michael muttered to himself. Next time he would be more careful to weed out those who liked his Ennard. Michael smiled faintly without him noticing.

"Michael?"

He blinked in surprise as Lucy waved her hand right in front of his eyes, he turned to Lucy who was frowning in confusion. "Yes?"

"Are you listening or not?"

The eldest Afton laughed. "Of course," he replied as he put his fruit knife down on the table. "To me, she probably called Alice because she never liked me and wanted her to investigate all the things she found suspicious about me. I just didn't expect those two to know each other," Michael continued after that casually, shrugging his shoulders briefly.

Lucy crossed her arms, her eyebrows dived and intertwined with each other, she puffed out her cheeks in annoyance. "Mary can be a pain sometimes, but doing this? I don't believe it! It's outrageous."

Only an understanding nod that Michael gave to Lucy, listened to all Lucy's vents about Mary, while his thoughts were now being controlled by the shadows of the past again, regarding his own friends. He wasn't sure if it was the Simon he had seen in another city, wasn't Simon running his family's bakery like what Mark said? Then Alec—Michael didn't get any news at all from that old friend of his.

"I've also had some annoying friends, but they were quite precious to me." Michael looked at Lucy who was busy feeding herself with pieces of fruit, Lucy looked back at him interested. "However, in the end I was the one who left them," Michael said later in pity.

"Why?"

"Quite a complicated problem," Michael sighed tiredly and yawned. "Maybe I used to be just a selfish jerk teenager, or maybe it's because I feel like they don't like me anymore and before they do it, I have to do it first." Once again, Michael shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "Just eat this." After that he shoved a slice of apple into Lucy's mouth.

Lucy choked and immediately slapped his hand hard, making him laugh. "Where's Ennard anyway? Is he not coming?" Lucy asked curiously, she looked around the room—in case Ennard was hiding.

"Ennard is recharging himself, I don't want to disturb him." Michael exhaled heavily, he drank the canned coffee he bought on the way to the hospital.

"You look tired, Mike."

Michael leaned back against the hard back of the chair. "Is that so?" He stretched a bit.

"You need a boyfriend."

"Boyfriend doesn't guarantee my happiness."

"But you're always happy when you're with Ennard."

A blush immediately took control of Michael's cheeks hearing Lucy's words that sounded solid, Lucy even looked confident with what she said. Michael had never realized that, that he felt more carefree and at ease when Ennard was with him. Was it really obvious that he looked happy? Michael covered his red face with his palms in embarrassment, ignoring Lucy who was laughing at him.