Ch 54

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Ennard looked at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, he was focusing his thoughts. Before long, his red eye turned blue, and he exhaled heavily. That means he can change appearance when using an illusion disc with focus.

He looked at his reflection again, trying to assess his blue eye, while his black eye he left alone. He liked the blue colour.

But the longer Ennard stared, the stranger it felt.

His blue eye turning red as it was before, Ennard frowned deeply. He didn't know why red is better than blue.

Was this the influence of that Afton?

Ennard gritted his teeth in annoyance, it must be because of that Afton he preferred red now.

He stepped out after nearly slamming the bathroom door—really irritated by that. Ennard pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly as he walked into the living room, after which his footsteps stopped right at the end of the corridor. Ennard looked into the living room, he found the man lying on the sofa reading a comic.

An imaginary crossroad appeared on Ennard's forehead; how come Michael can be so relaxed?

The endoskeleton's skeleton was never even touched!

"Afton!"

He saw Michael almost fell off the sofa in surprise at him stepping closer suddenly and shouting his name. Michael must not have noticed his presence earlier.

"You startled me," Michael said with knitted brows and pursed lips, picking up his fallen comic. "What?"

Ennard took a deep breath and for the second time pinched the bridge of his nose, no longer understanding Michael. "How long are you going to be lazing around?" he retorted, Michael tilting his head. "Continue that endo."

"No."

"Why?"

"Lazy." Michael stuck his tongue at Ennard, before laying back down on the couch and opening his comic.

The imaginary crossroad on Ennard's forehead increased by one.

"You—a damn lazy slacker." Ennard facepalm, Michael ignored him. This was the third time he had let out a heavy breath, if Michael made him do it again for the fourth time, he swore he would kick Michael out of this house. "You know what? I'll do it then."

"What?" Michael answered quickly, he got up from his position again and looked at Ennard in disbelief. "What are you doing?"

Ennard rolled his eyes lazily. "I'll continue it for you," he replied. "Now that I have human form, I can do it," continued Ennard as he crouched down in front of the living room table where the endoskeleton was placed. Ennard's bicolored eyes gleamed briefly at the iron frame. "I haven't done that in a long time," he mumbled very quietly, inaudibly.

Michael got up from the couch and picked up the unfinished endoskeleton before Ennard could touch it, much to Ennard's surprise. "No!" Michael shouted loudly, staring intently at Ennard. "You can't!"

The animatronic in human form also stood up and reached out his hand. "Give it to me, Benedict," said Ennard in a deep voice, Michael not flinching at all—instead hiding the endoskeleton behind his body and starting to be aware of the wires that started to come out of Ennard's back. "Benedict, now. I'll finish it in one night."

"No!" Michael was adamant. "I will continue it!"

"You're always lazing around!"

"I will continue it!"

"It could be finished next year!"

"So what?!"

Michael gritted his teeth at Ennard, while the corners of Ennard's eyes twitched in annoyance. Ennard pressed hard on the base of his temple, his head felt dizzy in the face of Michael's stubbornness that didn't go away at all even though Michael had changed. He could hear growls—wait, did Michael really growl like an animal at him?

Then the eldest said.

"I started this, I'll finish this. That's it! I will be the one to continue it!"

Ennard chose to give up.