Ch 69

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Very awkward atmosphere. After the fight between him and Ennard, the two of them were now sitting on the same couch while Lucy sat opposite them, it took at least an hour or two to explain everything. Lucy's expression can't be explained at all, although at first Lucy looks dumbfounded at the argument.

"I will kill you."

"Try me."

The corner of Michael's eyes twitched at Ennard's reply. "You started it first!"

Ennard glanced up in annoyance. "I didn't know she was here."

"This is her house!" Michael was almost exclaiming in exasperation, Ennard turned his face indifferently. "You should be smart! You are an AI!" The man rubbed his face in frustration even though he could hear grunts from the animatronic who was in his human form. "We really need to take care of your anger issue."

"And your sentimental nature."

"Hey—you know I—"

"You're too sensitive and get carried away easily."

"Aren't you the same?!"

"For God's sake—stop fighting!"

They both turned to look at Lucy who finally spoke up. Lucy narrowed her eyes at them before letting out a deep breath and pinching her temples, hearing all the fighting and the facts made her tired herself. She was still trying to digest all the information she had just received from the two men.

Lucy straightened up and looked straight at them, both Michael and Ennard looking tense. "So let me keep it simple," Lucy said. "You are a robot—"

"Animatronic."

"Animatronic. Of course. Then Mike is Michael."

"Isn't that obvious?"

Lucy shrugged. "Not everyone named Mike is Michael, but everyone named Michael must have a nickname Mike."

Michael nodded in agreement. "True, true."

"Right? So, I thought your name was just Mike."

"And it turned out that Michael is my name."

"Yes! Very surprising."

"We're not here to discuss names!" Ennard rebuked in annoyance.

The girl regained consciousness for a moment, then cleared her throat and made another serious face. "So Ennard is a robot—"

"Animatronics. Are you deaf?"

This time Lucy ignored Ennard. "—and Michael is a human that Ennard killed and somehow came back to life as a walking corpse." Lucy looked at Michael intently, Michael nodded brokenly. "You should try to join an audition sometime if the entertainment wants to make a zombie movie theme."

"Sounds tempting, I can make a lot of money out of it."

"Unless you're just an extra." Lucy stifled a laugh, Michael groaned in annoyance. "But you look like an ordinary human."

Hearing those words, Michael let out a small sigh and took off the eyepatch he was wearing. It seemed that seeing a quarter of the rotting skin on his face as well as his right eye which had almost lost sight took Lucy by surprise. "I kinda put on some makeup to cover it up too," Michael said, removing the bits of makeup that had been around his rotting skin.