Chapter 601: Execution: Mastermind

Alice pulled out her spear on the chest of a person wearing a green cloak.

These guys were cult. All of them were prepared to die for the sake of the successor of the Creep Lord.

It’s really troublesome to fight insane people.

‘I’ve killed three of them but it seems that it will be harder from now.’ She said inwardly while looking at the tall pillar hundreds of meters away from her.

This pillar was one of the focal points of the magic circle that was casted in the entire dukedom. It has a height of twenty meters and it was pulsing with dark green light.

She already guessed the effect of the giant magic circle. The giant magic circle was casted so that most of the ordinary people in the dukedom would be affected by curse.

A super wide range spell.

The Dukedom of Halbun had millions of population and not everyone was ordinary people. Hundreds of thousands reached C-rank, tens of thousands have reached B-rank, thousands have reached A-rank, and hundreds of them reached S-rank. Those people that reached Shackled Realm were either on Champion’s Den or doing quests for their legions.

In short, there were hundreds of thousands of experts that could help Alice yet no one came to stop this cult.

The answer to that question was that they were busy. People that died because of the curse came back. They weren’t revived but their dead bodies were moving according to the will of the curse user.

So Alice wasn’t the only person fighting right now. She could feel the vibrations on the ground. The other experts of this city were fighting the people that came back with all of their might. Also, most of the fighting forces of this city, the nobles, were poisoned by the organizer of the colosseum.

The cult planned this event really well so that everything will go well for them.

A few hundred people managed to take over a city with millions of population.

‘I need to stop them…’

Alice dashed forward but five people quickly blocked her path. She quickly swung her spear and clashed with the cult people.

Boom!!

“Here…”

Souta stopped and stared at the store in front of him. He didn’t anticipate that the source of the curse would be connected to this place.

The coffee shop that he visited before.

When he came here last time, he couldn’t see any curse energy in this shop. But right now, he was certain that the string of curses in his vision was coming out of this small place.

Souta stepped forward. He stretched out his hand and opened the door.

Inside the shop, the old man was standing on the backside placing cups in the drawer. When he heard the door creaked open, he turned his head.

He smiled and said, “What are you doing here, young man?”

Souta simply smiled and found a vacant chair to sit on. He looked around commenting, “You have no customers today.”

“Yeah, it’s a little bit chaotic.” The old man said in response.

“Hmm…” Souta stared at the old man. “You have fooled me. I didn’t expect that you are the mastermind behind all of this incident.”

The ground shook slightly. The battle outside the shop was causing the small objects in this place to tremble as if there were an earthquake.

All of the citizens in this city were panicking yet this old man was still here without a care about the chaos outside.