Chapter 764: Guardian

“Oh, I forgot that I already sent my shadows to tail those people from Murder Society.” Souta scratched his head as the oppressive aura around him vanished. Several skills that he casted suddenly disappeared.

Despite that, the sandworms and the others could feel their strength leaving their bodies.

Hermo and Casti subconsciously took a step back. Their power was getting lower and lower. They looked at their people only to find that they were experiencing the same thing.

“You!! Who the hell are you?!”

Hermo roared as he fiercely glared at Souta with a hint of fear in his eyes.

The feeling that more than half of his strength was suppressed was terrible. It was hard to describe but all of the training that he did in his life was a waste in front of this one humanoid monster.

Souta ignored Hermo’s words. He glanced at Alexander and wondered when he would finish taking the so-called “key.”

As if sensing what he wanted to ask, Alexander turned around with blood flowing out of his mouth. “Souta, hurry up and finish them. I will be able to get this key soon so the guardian of the key will appear too.”

“Guardian?”

“Yeah, do you think that the creator of this place would depend on the sandworms to protect the key?! Anyway, you know what you have to do so I’ll focus my entire attention here.” Alexander wiped the blood on the corner of his mouth before he went back to his business.

“Oh, I see…” Souta rubbed his chin in understanding.

Sandworms would probably take the key if they knew its existence. Plus, in the previous trials… He saw a bunch of golems and projections so probably the guardian should be one of them. A machine programmed to do one thing was probably the best guardian than others. A golem or projection didn’t have a mind of its own. It would only follow what it was programmed to do. The creator of this realm didn’t need to worry about betrayal from them.

Guardian? He shouldn’t think about it. He was getting excited as he imagined the power of the guardian. He shouldn’t look forward to it. What if the guardian was just a little bit stronger then he would be disappointed.

Souta shrugged his head as he turned his head to the pitiful people waiting for his judgement.

“Well, well, well, what should I do with these guys?”

He smiled creepily causing everyone to flinch.

Casti gracefully bent her body forward and said respectfully, “Sir, please forgive us for offending you. If you don’t mind, we will not bother you anymore.”

She didn’t even hesitate to bow her head. For her, it was going to help her survive then it doesn’t matter even if she bow her head. Her life was all that matters to her.

Souta raised his eyebrows with interest. He didn’t expect this woman to bow her head.

‘She is the leader of the group, right? Sigh… Doesn’t matter to me.’

He raised his hand and motioned them to leave.

“You can leave if you want but if you try me again know that I will not show mercy. Oh, I forgot…”

Suddenly the whole area turned cold. They could feel immense pressure coming out of his eyes.

“I can sense anyone within a diameter of twenty kilometers. If I sense anyone of you, don’t expect that you will be able to step out of this land.” Souta said.

“You fucker! Do you think you-” Hermo stopped in the middle of his sentence. He looked down and saw a black tentacle slithering around his leg. “Huh? W-What is this?”