Chapter 643: Subterranean

Souta continued to observe the beautiful Mirror Lake. He looked at the sky and realized that it was getting dark. His dark attribute skills would rise sharply at night so he was glad that they were going to Mirror Lake at night.

But… The underground labyrinth at Mirror Lake was the headquarters of the Red Matter Association.

According to the report, the underground labyrinth was a den of several fourth stage monsters before, but the Red Matter cleared all those monsters and stayed in that place.

Souta shook his head as he turned around. He checked his equipment and every warrior did the same thing.

The time of battle was slowly approaching.

A few minutes later, a commotion occurred at the camp of the Chief Captain.

A lot of high-level warriors were gathering at the front.

Souta and the Blue Cross Squad had no idea about what was happening.

“The scouts had returned!” Leilus muttered.

“What did they discover in the Mirror Lake?” Souta asked.

“I don’t know but it seems to be a bad news.” Leilus shrugged his shoulders.

“There’s a lot of uncertainty in this mission. I don’t know what news we would receive soon.” Souta muttered.

“I have a bad feeling about this.” Drami muttered with a face full of worry.

“It’s going to be fine,” Marcus said as he held her hand.

Chief Captain Vandal came out of his camp. He assembled all the warriors as he was going to announce an important thing to them.

“Warriors!!”

Vandal’s voice was coarse. Everyone could feel that he was tired.

Then, he slowly explained his plan and the things that the scout found in Mirror Lake.

The announcement shook the entire group of warriors. They didn’t expect this at all. No one knew that it was coming.

In the underground labyrinth of the Mirror Lake lies a giant city, no, it was better to call it a country. The scout estimated that it had a population of more than fifty million people.

A subterranean country.

According to their guess, the citizens of this country didn’t even know the Red Matter Association. In short, most of them were innocent people.

They were all hostages of the Red Matter without them knowing anything.

More than fifty million people… That’s a lot. Most of the warriors knew that they couldn’t handle the guilt of killing those people. Maybe, they would go insane and wouldn’t be able to live a normal life after this.

“How?” was the question in Souta’s mind.

The report before clearly said that the underground labyrinth was a den of several fourth stage monsters.

How did it become a place that could house fifty million plus people?

‘Fuck! I think I would go insane from all this shit! My mind is slowly turning blank… I need to calm down and control my urges.’ Souta said inwardly.

“I’ll divide us into several groups! Some of us will stay on the surface while the rest will head underground! We’ll take out the roots of the Red Matter Association no matter what!”

Vandal said in a loud voice. His determination could be felt in his words. He was resolute.

“Prepare your mind! Prepare for the worst! We are Warriors of Athena!!”