Chapter 703: Tournament of Astros: Alice vs Elder Hanmi

“Characteristics of ice? Then…” Souta glanced at her as his eyes slowly moved and changed.

“No, I’m still at the first level but it let me approach the second level,” Alice answered. She noticed that he was staring at her so she asked, “What are you looking at?”

“Ah, nothing…” Souta shook his head. “I thought that you mastered the second level Integration.”

“Have you forgotten that only experts that broke the first great shackle could master the Integration?” Alice raised her eyebrows.

“Oh, right. I really didn’t pay attention to it that much since I’m different from you guys.” Souta shrugged his shoulders.

Mortals couldn’t grow infinitely. They would reach their limit if they continued to grow. That’s why they had to break the limiter in their bodies called shackles. So if an expert wanted to achieve the so-called Integration, they had to break the first great shackle, the fourth shackle in mortals body. The fourth shackle was the shackle that limited the growth of elemental power in a mortal’s body.

After breaking it, they would achieve unbelievable powers. The strength that they would gain from breaking the fourth shackle was higher than the third shackle. Also, shattering the fourth was harder than the first three shackles. Many experts got stuck at this level and couldn’t proceed forward.

That’s why the Adventurer Guild in Giza Continent named the first three shackles SS-rank and the fourth shackle and above SSS-rank.

Every time a human or demi broke their shackle, they would gain a random characteristic. A characteristic was a random power that a mortal would gain from breaking a shackle. Unlike humans and demis, monsters broke their shackles after their evolutions. And instead of characteristics, the monster’s abilities would advance to the next level in the process of it.

“I understand…” Souta nodded lightly. But there was one thing that was bothering him. Alexander Dreyfus. He clearly saw that man had seven seeds in his body. It means that his seven elements were all at the level of Integration.

How?

That must be some sort of secret technique to achieve the second level while at the realm of Solidifying.

“You know now, the reason why most humans and demis are envious of monsters’ growth. If breaking my shackle could only enhance all of my skills then I would be glad even if I didn’t gain any characteristics.” Alice explained.

“Well… There’s a reason why we are called monsters.” Souta couldn’t help but smile.

If someone were to ask him to choose if he wanted a random ability or enhancement of all of his abilities. Of course, he would choose the latter without hesitation.

‘As for Yenxa…’ Souta glanced at Yenxa who was receiving treatment.

If Yenxa had the proper equipment, she would be able to fight higher level opponents. He was similar to her. He could still remember the time when he was having a hard time fighting an S-rank and had to use the power of his universal grade and dark grade equipment. If he didn’t have any of these high grade equipment, he doubted that he would defeat his previous opponents.

While Souta and Alice were chatting, the battle between Isabella and Hanso was concluded. The winner was Hanso.

Even if she had powerful skills of the God of Hunt, her opponent was still a level higher than her. If she was going to sneak attack then she could probably end the battle easily but… this was different. She was enclosed in a barrier so she couldn’t fully utilize her ability.