Chapter 736: Charm

How is this unknown group connected to Wingless Crow?

Souta on their way to the Wingless Crow base asked the leader various questions. He learned that the Wingless Crow wanted to take over the Mine Valley but they were too weak. So they just hid in the dark manipulating the event before they take a move.

Their plan was perfect. Various powers would fight for the three cities and once they exhausted their strength the Wingless Crow would appear to dominate the Mine Valley. Unfortunately, Souta discovered them before they completed their plan.

They even bribed some City Lords to join their forces. The three City Lords that attacked Bland City and the City Lord of White Line City were all bribed by them.

“Are you working for some people?” Souta asked.

“No,” The leader answered decisively.

“Then, why do you want to occupy the Mine Valley?” He asked another question.

“Huh, it seems that you people didn’t understand what’s really happening.” The leader laughed at Souta’s ignorance. “This is a war for resources.”

“Resources?” Souta narrowed his eyes.

‘The mana density has increased so various resources will bloom faster than before.’ Saya suddenly said. She explained further. ‘In Imperium, mythical will appear once every ten years, legendary once every five years. In high-world’s state, legendary will appear once every twenty years. Some of them didn’t even know the true value of legendary. As for mythical, there’s no case that a mythical bloom in sub-world.’

‘You mean…’ Souta’s brows furrowed deeper. He suddenly recalled the various small events in the game. He knew that a mythical rank fruit would appear soon but he didn’t think about the lower ranks.

‘Yeah, various resources will appear soon. This must be the reason why they are fighting for various lands.’ Saya said.

“Hehe, if we occupied the Mine Valley, the resources that will appear here will become ours. That’s why the entirety of Hall Plains is in chaos.” The leader laughed.

Then, the Wingless Crow was just the first. Other organizations would eye the Mine Valley sooner or later. They wouldn’t ignore this land. What if a legendary rank fruit appeared here? It would be their loss if they didn’t conquer the Mine Valley.

Souta and the leader arrived in front of a huge gaping hole. In this dark underground space, the Wingless Crow stayed here for several months planning to take over the Mine Valley.

Souta and the rest jumped down. What they found was a huge blood circle on the floor. It was giving off an eerie vibe.

“What the hell is this?!” Eztein looked at it strangely. It looks like a magic circle but he knew that it wasn’t magic circle since wasn’t made by weaving energy.

“Blood sacrifice…” Souta muttered gloomily.

“Blood sacrifice?!” Alice’s eyes shrank when she heard his words.

“What’s that?” Eztein asked. Elder Guan and the others also stared at Alice waiting for her to explain.

“W-What?! How do you know about Blood Sacrifice?” The leader stared at them in disbelief.

Alice cast a deep glance at the leader’s face before she turned to Eztein and the others. “Blood Sacrifice. From its name, we can already guess what it is. It is a ritual that needed the lives of creatures in exchange for powers. The powers that they received came from a god.”

Unlike the blessings of the god, the blood sacrifice would only enhance the sacrificer’s ability to a certain extent base on the level of creatures that were sacrificed.