Chapter 677: Was in Subterranean World: Arrival

The ground shook heavily as if it was about to collapse. Thousands of sturdy infrastructures collapsed promptly without warning. The earthquake’s range covered the entire three nations and all the standing buildings had fallen.

There were only a few places that weren’t affected by war but this sudden earthquake demolished all the buildings. The civilians that were hiding in those places weren’t spared at all. Various buildings fell and crushed their bodies into meat paste.

Only a few people survive.

Even the gigantic Aranhgrad was swaying in the mid-air. Its enormous weight added a force on the ground that made the earthquake more powerful. The area around its legs collapsed creating a fifty-meter pit.

“This…”

Souta supported himself by grabbing the edge of the wall. The laboratory didn’t collapse as the runes around it supported its foundation. This place was hiding the Stone Monument left by the God of Space, so it was natural that this place was sturdy. It’s just that the Red Matter Association turned it into their laboratory to research the truth.

‘The space is trembling. It’s distorting as if someone was grabbing and twisting it.’ Saya commented as she felt the space around her.

“Just like what I expected… The God of Space created this subterranean world so his inheritance should be in this place like the Stone Monument but there’s nothing left. The Red Matter should be the one that gained it.”

Souta concluded by putting all the pieces of the puzzle together. The Red Matter gained the inheritance, if not then how did they know that a giant fortress was buried underneath the three nations?

“Chief Captain would suffer a defeat this time… Luckily, I’m prepared.”

He muttered before he fixed his posture. The earthquake had stopped and most of the objects in the laboratory were thrown on the floor.

“Also, the Red Matter set up a formation this way and I only made a few twists to turn the favor to us.”

In this formation, no one blocked Vandal from approaching the giant fortress. Avron already planned to confront Vandal from the beginning so the other members of the Red Matter didn’t block his path. If that’s not the case, Vandal would have to face the army of Red Matter before he could approach Avron.

“What was that?!”

Vandal’s complexion wasn’t good. That attack shook the entire fortress and everything almost collapsed. If he didn’t activate his [Element Drive] on time, he would suffer heavy damage.

Still, his entire right arm was gone. It was crushed into a bloody mist by that power. Regarding this, his combat prowess had been downgraded by a large margin since his right hand was his dominant hand.

“Archetype… This is the secret of gods. Since you are at the same level as me, you would be able to understand my words.” Avron said with a faint smile.

“Archetype…? What’s that?” Vandal was confused. It was his first time hearing this term. He had no idea what his opponent was talking about.

“People below Five Shackles wouldn’t hear this word. No, according to my research, some unknown power is blocking their senses from hearing and understanding it. So it’s impossible for them to learn it.” Avron said.

“What…?!”

“No need to feel shocked. The Archetype is one of the powers that will let us pave the way toward godhood. A lot of people didn’t know about it, since even if they heard it they would easily forget it due to that strange power.”