Chapter 797: Attack

“What did you say?” Souta narrowed his eyes and asked Alice again through the transmission talisman.

“The White Wheat City has fallen. Our forces in the city are annihilated and only a few lucky ones survived. We lost a lot this time. I’m willing to receive any punishment.” Alice said.

She really felt that it was her fault. While she was enjoying the benefits of the underground base, the others were fighting for their lives. If she stayed, she could probably help them on time before they got annihilated.

But that seems impossible because even Kessa…

“It’s fine. It’s not your fault. It’s just that we didn’t expect that the enemy would attack us directly.” Souta said to her through the transmission talisman.

“Elder Guan… He is dead. Yenxa is missing. Yuko is injured. Kessa is…” Alice paused.

“What is it? What happened to Kessa?” Souta asked.

“I don’t know. It’s better if you come here yourself.” Alice couldn’t explain Kessa’s condition to him. It was weird and she hasn’t encountered something like this in her life.

“Okay, I’ll go there immediately.” Souta said. He quickly cut the call and launched his body in the air like a missile.

Boom!!

The ground shook and his energy exploded. Princess Yaniesvyl and the others were shocked at this change of event. They didn’t even know why Souta would suddenly leave with a horrible expression.

Souta hasn’t fully recovered yet so his speed was slower than usual. He tried to use his remaining energy but it seems useless. He couldn’t even exceed his normal speed before.

When he arrived at the White Wheat City, the other members of Astros and Dragon Council’s agents were here present. He descended to the ground as Alice approached him. She already sensed his arrival so she quickly came here to greet him.

“This…”

Souta stared at the city in front of him. It was devastated and almost everything was destroyed. Corpses were scattered everywhere and a thick stench of blood lingered in the air.

He looked down and saw the corpse in front of him. It was Elder Guan’s corpse. The Witch Clan Elder who accompanied them was killed by an unknown group.

Elder Guan’s body was full of holes. It seems that he suffered greatly before he passed away.

Alice, who was standing beside Souta, glanced at his expression but she kept her mouth shut. She didn’t dare to say anything.

“Elder Guan… He’s the one closest to Amanda. He is also the one who helped us when we were fighting the Witch Clan Leader…” Souta said plainly. His face was devoid of any emotion. He simply stared at the corpse with blank eyes.

“Where’s Yuko?” Souta looked at Alice and asked.

“Follow me… She’s alive but I don’t think that she will be able to wake up soon. Her parasite was exhausted too so it couldn’t repair her body completely.” Alice explained.

The two walked in the barren land and stopped in front of a simple cabin.

Yuko’s huge body was laying on a soft bed. Her body was full of wounds and there were people around her pouring healing potions on her wounds. There were also healers that were casting healing spells.

Souta stared at Yuko for a while before he turned around and said, “Guide me to Kessa… I need to check her condition too.”

Yuko was fine now. She wouldn’t die but she wouldn’t be able to move her body for a while after she woke up. Plus, she did well in the battle. She reached a higher level. Unfortunately, the opponents this time were just too strong.