Chapter 606: Red Matter Association

When Souta arrived on the surface, he realized that everything was finished. The city was devastated and most of the people living here had died.

“I’m just here to investigate but everything happens so fast.”

Souta said with a sigh. The unconscious old man was floating beside him. He was lifting him using the power of gravity.

He turned around as he heard footsteps behind him. He saw Alice and Eilish approaching him.

“Oh, how come you’re here, Eilish?” He asked.

“The Grain Leader dispatched me here,” Eilish answered his question.

“Oh,” Souta raised his eyebrows as he realized something. “So we’re just baits to lure the true mastermind.”

“Well, in summary. I’m here with two other Shackled Realm Experts. They are currently following the trail of the Red Matter Association. I stayed here to protect the survivors.” Eilish explained to him.

“I see…” Souta said before he pointed at the unconscious old man. “Then, do you still need this person?”

“Yeah, I think he knows something about the Red Matter. It’s better if we captured him alive.” Eilish nodded.

“Good.”

The three walked around the dukedom. The liveliness was gone as tons of dead bodies were scattered in every corner. The stench of blood was thick and most of the buildings were gone.

The atmosphere of the entire city changed in just a day.

It was cold and silent.

They couldn’t hear the laughter of children and the chattering of the adults.

It became desolate.

“Where’s Eztein?” Souta asked while they were walking.

“He’s resting in the colosseum. He used most of his strength in battling the enemies.” Alice paused before she added, “Also, the survivors have gathered there.”

“The survivors… How many are them?” Souta asked.

“I can only estimate that only twenty percent of the entire population have survived,” Alice answered.

“They really planned this well,” Souta commented.

“Yeah, they first eliminated the duke and lure the nobles into the colosseum. Then, they poisoned them. That’s the reason why a lot of people perished in this incident. The battle power of the dukedom was reduced to nothing before the cult acted.” Alice nodded at his words.

“It’s fortunate that not all citizens are weak. Some of them even had the power level of an S-rank. They are the reason why there’s still twenty percent left in their population.” Eilish commented.

After ten minutes of walking, the three arrived at the colosseum. Souta also finished harvesting some souls while he was walking around the dukedom.

He wouldn’t forget collecting souls no matter what. He consumed some of the souls in his earrings when he used the [Soul Blood Mode]. So it’s better if he could refill it.

‘With all the skills that I have, I think that I’m unrivaled below Shackled Realm. Even a fake Shackled Realm would be slain in front of me.’

Souta and the two entered the colosseum.

The moment they enter, a lot of people turned to look at them. Most of them had a blank expression and their mode was gloomy.

After all, these people experience a tragedy. They had to fight their comrades, friends, and family members that got consumed by curse.