Chapter 727: Plan

Souta was standing in front of a cell staring at the dried-up bodies inside it. Each body lose the luster of their skins and it looked like they didn’t have blood anymore. They were dried and a purple liquid was dripping out of their eyes, mouth, nose, and ears.

These were the corpses of the three City Lords that they captured.

The poison that was used was a higher grade than what Yenxa could create. Even though the three City Lords were heavily injured, a normal poison wouldn’t work on them. A poison that could kill Solidifying Realm would only make them a little dizzy.

‘Is there someone with a poison ability among the enemy? The probability is high.’

Souta turned around and went to the other cell. The elite soldier who was manipulated to poison the City Lords was imprisoned here. Even though he was manipulated, he still couldn’t escape the punishment. Well, it was only light punishment and it wouldn’t harm him.

His eyes emitted a dim light and it slowly changed its form. It looks like it transformed into countless bright stars.

‘It’s still here. Yeah, one hour hasn’t even passed yet since he was charmed so the lingering energy is still here.’

He could see a very thin line of energy attached to the soldier’s body. It was too thin that it made experts hard to distinguish it from the mana in the atmosphere.

From its look, the energy would completely dissipate within the next hour.

Souta stepped forward, close to the railing, and stretched out a hand. He memorized the energy signature within it before it completely disappeared.

The energy signature was fragmented. But he still managed to memorize part of it and it was enough for him. This was a clue that would lead him to the culprit.

Souta sighed and a smile formed on his face.

In the game, players didn’t even know how to recognize energy signatures. Of course, they couldn’t even feel the mana density so this experience was novel to him. Souta hasn’t experienced this in the game.

In the end, Battle World Online was just a game and this was a reality. It was similar but there’s a difference between the two. The phenomenon didn’t occur in the game yet it happened here. The breaking of rules and increase in mana density was new to him.

Also, it seems that the Shackled Realm experts here were stronger than in the game. After fighting dozens of Shackled Realm, Souta concluded that this was the case.

Even Saya couldn’t talk in the game. Yet in reality, the sword had consciousness. She brought huge benefits to him and the Archetype wasn’t in the game.

They had difference but it was still connected.

“Souta, I’m here to report.” Amanda walked beside him.

“How is it?” Souta asked.

“Franklin, couldn’t find the culprit. We found the culprit’s trail but it disappeared outside the city.” Amanda reported. She then lowered her head. “I’m sorry. It’s due to our negligence that the enemy managed to manipulate the soldier.”

“It’s fine. The enemy this time is a bit tricky.” Souta waved his hand. It’s not a huge loss, at the very least they gained an idea about the enemy’s ability.

The enemy was a bit cautious and bold. He didn’t expect the charm ability and he was in the meeting room. The energy fluctuation from the ability must be small that his senses neglected it.

After some time, Souta returned to the meeting room. Ray and the rest were still planning the next move of the Dragon Council. They had to thoroughly plan how to conquer the three cities left behind by the three City Lords.